The MMA general news, events and thoughts thread

David

• Paid Members

@kidzero I think the PPVs get added a few days after they happen. No more than a week anyway. So 237 would be on there now. 

All the Ultimate Fighters are on there. As well as documentaries and the fight libraries for Pride, Strikeforce, WEC, GLORY, Pancrase and shitloads more. 

47 minutes ago, wandshogun09 said:

@kidzero I think the PPVs get added a few days after they happen. No more than a week anyway. So 237 would be on there now. 

All the Ultimate Fighters are on there. As well as documentaries and the fight libraries for Pride, Strikeforce, WEC, GLORY, Pancrase and shitloads more. 

Cheers dude

• Paid Members
11 minutes ago, wandshogun09 said:

MMA Fighting reporting that Jessica Andrade and her wife were carjacked and robbed at gunpoint in Brazil. Some right cunts about. 

Sad thing is this is nowhere near shocking. Brazil's had this problem for a long time, and now the world's still sort of fucked economically, I wouldn't be surprised if the number of aggravated robberies had gone up. The favelas are a result of chronic inequality and deprivation, and are thus a breeding ground for desperate people. 

You can tell Dana really wants to make Conor vs Khabib 2 (see video below). The line about seeing how things play out and where McGregor fits in is a giveaway. If Cerrone eliminates Ferguson from contention this weekend, which he has a fair chance of doing, I suspect that the UFC will push forward with Conor vs the winner of Khabib/Poirier.

Gaethje is angling for a fight with McGregor on Twitter. That would be a great match-up. But would McGregor and the UFC even entertain that fight at this juncture? 

Edited by jimufctna24

• Paid Members

Wow. I think they’re going to be shocked at how badly that does. A McGregor fight would be one thing, but Jon Jones against some random in a fight no-one cares about?

The past year or so has been an incredible case study in running off your fans.