The MMA general news, events and thoughts thread

David

• Paid Members

Fucking hell, thats grim. I had no idea who Cosmo was pre-fight but looking at his record i just had a feeling it was bad matchup for Sage. One Championship aint messing around matching up these name imports are they?

• Paid Members

MMAJunkie are reporting that the JDS vs Ngannou fight has been moved from UFC 239 and will now top the Fight Night in Minneapolis that was meant to be headlined by Woodley vs Lawler 2. 

Probably for the best. 239 is stacked enough that it can afford to lose Junior vs Francis and Lawler isn’t hit with a late opponent switch. 

There was no shortage of welterweights offering to step up and fight Lawler so I’m guessing he’ll have a fight booked on one of the summer cards soon. Santiago Ponzinibbio, Leon Edwards, Darren Till, Mike Perry, Vicente Luque are all likely in the running. Probably a few I’ve forgot as well. 

Strange one about Justin Willis at the moment, as it seems the UFC have released him because he couldn't make weight in time for a fight he was offered apparently, despite him being 4-1 since coming into the promotion.

• Paid Members

Thats odd. Maybe he was already in some bad books because Willis was pretty outspoken. I still cant believe the UFC didnt put together Tuivasa/Willis after Willis beat Mark Hunt, that fight sold itself.

• Paid Members

Alex Oliveira is wanted by the police for beating his wife and endangering their kid;

https://fansided.com/2019/05/25/alex-oliveira-wanted-allegedly-assaulting-ex-wife-endangering-child/amp/?__twitter_impression=true

Edited by wandshogun09
Wrong Oliveira

22 minutes ago, Paul2j said:

I got it more from the fact he has had 7 children all of whom have different mothers.

That makes him a terrible person, does it? I know people who have children with different mothers and they're lovely. It just means their relationships didn't work out, not that they're terrible people.

Just now, David said:

That makes him a terrible person, does it? I know people who have children with different mothers and they're lovely. It just means their relationships didn't work out, not that they're terrible people.

7 times? Yes it does.  If the latest report turns out to be true, an assault won't exactly weaken this line of thinking. 

5 minutes ago, Paul2j said:

7 times? Yes it does.  If the latest report turns out to be true, an assault won't exactly weaken this line of thinking. 

Him sleeping about makes him a scoundrel, a person who's got relationship and commitment issues. A "terrible person" though? Nah, this assault would make him a terrible person, but I find it ridiculous to say that you're not surprised he's assaulted his partner based on him having a number of relationships in the past.