Brewster McCloud

What are you currently reading?

On 3/18/2019 at 2:48 PM, HarmonicGenerator said:

I think by the third time I was just circling ā€œbegoneā€, ā€œwretchā€ and ā€œcountenanceā€ which all turn up a lot.

Having now finished it, the main thing I've taken away from is that Victor Frankenstein spends roughly 50% of the book eitherĀ fainting or already unconscious.

Ā 

I've now started on Akala'sĀ Natives: Race and Class In The Ruins of Empire, off the back of a recent TV appearance he made critiquing the racist tone in which knife crime is reported in the UK, that went viral. I have to admit I'd never heard of him beforehand, but have since become a fan.

It's not the best written book, but compelling enough that I'm reluctant to put it down, and while some of the points made seem obvious, that's probably because I'm accustomed to a lot of the literature he's referencing. It's bloody good, really.

On 3/14/2019 at 2:52 PM, Brewster McCloud said:

I know there's an existing book thread but I searched in vain. Fuck it.

71FtyPZFaqL.jpg

Ā 

Some of the financial jargon is flying over my head, but I'm a couple of chapters in and I'm learning a lot about the libertarianĀ Sillicon Valley mindset and how guys like Zuckerberg took over the world.Ā 

Worth a read you reckon ?

Picked this up yesterday, started it last night. Initial impressions are that it'll be a fun read.

b0685c70-41df-4bb2-a62e-7edb6f6c5a3a-ori

On 3/20/2019 at 2:13 PM, BomberPat said:

I have to admit I'd never heard of him beforehand, but have since become a fan.

I assume you've seen this clip from 2013? Ā This was the first time a lot of people had heard him.

Ā 

Ā