UFC 236: Holloway vs Poirier 2 - Apr 13 🇺🇸

wandshogun09

Who wins and how?   

8 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Paid Members

Yeah I wasn’t saying that to discredit Gastelum. I’ve always been quite high on him and was saying even before this fight that I think he’s one of the most underrated fighters on the roster. But I keep hearing how Adesanya has this other worldly striking and he’s on a different level and stuff. If that was the case then as good as Gastelum is, it should’ve been nothing Adesanya hadn’t seen or dealt with before. A striker of Adesanya’s pedigree facing a shorter, stocky puncher, in what turned out to be almost exclusively a standup fight, should’ve been right up his alley. If Adesanya could’ve chosen Gastelum’s tactics himself he’d have probably have had him fight that way. Yet he was still taken to the brink and nearly beaten. If that’s what happens at the elite level when he fights a standup fight against a shortarse, what’s going to happen when he’s in with a monster 185er who can really grapple like a Romero or Jacare? 

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members
1 hour ago, David said:

Are you being serious? Whittaker has beaten Yoel Romero twice, Brunson and Jacare. Adesanya has fought two top ten guys so far. Whittaker has fought a higher calibre of opponent, and not only that, he's looked better doing so.

...and Whitaker has faced 3, he's hardly cleaned out the division, despite being undeniably number 1.

The point in my post was talking about in striking. I said Romero is an anomoly because he doesn't strike like anyone else, Jacare has dangerous power but he's not a very talented standup fighter and Adesanya dusted off Brunson in under a round a few months ago too did you miss that one?

Archived