So, this Ronda Rousey carry-on then...

David

• Paid Members

I'm with Carbomb on this.

When you say "I'm real, you're fake", what does it achieve?

If you suggest that the rest of the show is fake and doesn't matter, you're insulting the fans' intelligence for being invested in it. If you say that you're the only one that's "real" and then win, so what? You just won a fake fight, or a real fight against a fake fighter, so it's not much of an achievement, is it? And if you lose to the fake fighter? Well, what does it matter, if it was fake? It's not the kind of trash talking where there's any emotionally satisfying way for Ronda Rousey to get her comeuppance, so it's not good heel work. Simple as that.

X-Pac put it best on Twitter - "it's real when I win, and fake when I lose".

Perhaps the most irritating part is that it's Ronda Rousey. Rousey doesn't need to convince people she's "real", she came in with that credibility already in place. WWE should be working to have that credibility reflect on her opponents, and on WWE as a whole, not on burying the rest of the company.

Chances are though, there's nothing more to this than "it's Wrestlemania season, the 'Ronda Rousey to WWE' headlines have long since dried up, we need to remind people she's here and get some headlines". I don't like how they've done it, and I can't see it moving the needle at all, but that's what they're doing.

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members
13 hours ago, Egg Shen said:

i think you're over thinking it son.

I'm not going to go to all the effort of "over-thinking" just to find something shit. I find it shit right off the bat, and it just took me a lot of words to explain why I think it's shit.

This is what I was trying to say the other day, but you’ve put it much better.

Ronda calling out the WWE for being “not real” is insulting the rest of the roster, and it won’t make her look good when she looses at Mania. It’s like the other week, when she called out Becky’s “illogical” arm bar. We’ve seen Rousy put down by that arm bar in the past and I assume we are going to see the same at Mania. This just makes her look like a fool.

I’m enjoying the feud, but this aspect is really frustrating me.

Archived