Sign in to follow this  
HarmonicGenerator

WWE Fastlane: this weekend

1 hour ago, Bohan said:

I don't quite understand what you are arguing here?  My post was quite simple and had no hidden message. was simply agreeing with the previous poster that if Kofi were to win the WWE title then he would be the first african american to ever hold the title - that's a fact!

He also said that maybe Vince isn’t ready for a black Champion yet and this far from a fact, that’s what I’m arguing, much like several other people! 

1 hour ago, thicko said:

He also said that maybe Vince isn’t ready for a black Champion yet and this far from a fact, that’s what I’m arguing, much like several other people! 

On this point, I remember in Jericho's second book he noted that Vince was always banging on about how brilliant Bobo Brazil was. I don't know whether Vince as WWF promoter overlapped with Brazil much, but I wonder if he'd have made him Champion given the chance.

Fastlane happened. Thought Rey and Andrade were brilliant, Nia was awful, skipped through Becky vs Charlotte and wasn't hugely into the Kofi thing or the main event.

Though I did feel it was setting up a fair amount for WrestleMania. Shane-Miz, Styles-Orton, Kofi-Bryan, and a big old Women's Tag Title match with loads of teams all seemed to be being foretold to me.

2 hours ago, BomberPat said:

Meanwhile, they're hyping Batista/Triple H for RAW, there's a Kurt Angle announcement on RAW, and so on and so on - using PPV to sell the TV?

They seem to do this these days. I wonder if they're trying to draw back the  'lapsed' fan of the current main roster product who primarily has the network for archive content or NXT but might end up watching the PPV "cos it's on"'?

1 hour ago, HarmonicGenerator said:

On this point, I remember in Jericho's second book he noted that Vince was always banging on about how brilliant Bobo Brazil was. I don't know whether Vince as WWF promoter overlapped with Brazil much, but I wonder if he'd have made him Champion given the chance.

WWE Hall of Famer James Dudley was Bobo's manager, amongst many other things - contrary to the "Vince Sr's limo driver" criticism that tends to be directed toward him.

Bobo was still wrestling the odd match into the late '80s, and I think did a couple of matches even into the '90s, and had a run with the WWF in '84, but would have already been around sixty years old by that point, so I don't think there was ever a point Vince would have considered putting the belt on him.

Vince generally just seems to have a real affection for any wrestler who was around before he started promoting, though.