WWE Fastlane: this weekend

HarmonicGenerator

7 minutes ago, WyattSheepMask said:

* I know this is probably not-picking on my part, but from a kayfabe standpoint The Bar were not booked on the show, so why were they there and in their gear? We’ve seen guys do promos in their street clothes a little more often recently, so could they not have had The Bar wrestle in theirs, or are we just meant to believe that everybody on the roster is at every show in the wrestling gear ready to go at a moments notice. It’s a little thing I know, but it would just give a smidge of believeability to things

Kofi was waiting over an hour for his meeting with Vince, that’s more than enough time for The Bar to get ready - they might have been told about it even before Vince summoned Kofi.

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The bigger kayfabe crime of the night, as if it even matters anymore, was the Orton/Styles stuff.

That just screamed “we need to do...something in-ring to set this off”.

Why was Orton in his gear just to hit an RKO on Elias? Why was Styles there immediately after him?

Just now, d-d-d-dAz said:

The bigger kayfabe crime of the night, as if it even matters anymore, was the Orton/Styles stuff.

That just screamed “we need to do...something in-ring to set this off”.

Why was Orton in his gear just to hit an RKO on Elias? Why was Styles there immediately after him?

If I questioned every spot like the Orton/AJ one last night that has occured over the years, I would have packed up watching this fake fighting lark two decades ago!

3 minutes ago, Bohan said:

If I questioned every spot like the Orton/AJ one last night that has occured over the years, I would have packed up watching this fake fighting lark two decades ago!

I don't know what drew me to this, but two decades ago this very week on Raw, they did an angle where Public Enemy were impersonating the Brood. The lights went off, and when they came back on, they had vanished, kidnapped.

Next segment was a brawl backstage with Al Snow, Road Dogg and Bob Holly. Walking around, casual as you like in the background, is Rocco Rock.

Next segment, Public Enemy have been strung up by the Ministry.

• Paid Members
1 hour ago, tiger_rick said:

If you had a drink every time they said "road to WrestleMania" on this show, your liver would need replacing today.

As long as "no clear path" isn't trotted out this year, I'm happy.

• Paid Members
4 hours ago, jazzygeofferz said:

Why do they keep mentioning that Ambrose is leaving? Are they trying to pressure him into staying or is it that Rollins wins the belt and then Ambrose decides he's sticking around so they feud? 

A convoluted excuse for a Shield reunion before he takes his break.

This PPV was a fun old mess. Good matches. They built some angles, none that have me excited for mania yet, but they’re sloooowly getting there I think. 

The Shield greatest hits was lovely. Not sure who you can line up for Roman now . . . Drew? The Raw roster has took such a beating I wonder how you can heat anybody up for him.

They put Ali in a horrible spot there. You’d think they would have learned their lesson with this. Yet again, they throw out a returning babyface, cold, in a more popular guys spot. Great match by the end but it’s just baffling to me how they do this stuff. Kudus to Bryan for going overtime in bringing the crowd back into it again. The ending was beautiful.

God bless Bayley for saving the tag from falling off the rails. I like Boss /Hug, the belts are over and it’s given them a fresh coat, but Christ, they need some decent opponents. Nia/Tamina were just trash here. Giving Nia Jax a powerbomb is like when they gave Ahmed Johnson the tiger driver. We have Beth and Natalya, now bring up the Sky Pirates for these two, come on! 

The women’s stuff on this show was a complete misfire. Asuka, Rose, Becky, Charlotte . . . None of them came out of this PPV looking any good at all. They be best to keep Becky off TV for a week if they’re gonna keep pushing this injury angle. Air the post-PPV promo she did on on Raw and keep her away from this mess, because limp Becky Lynch isn’t compelling build for you Mania main event.

Elias being the heat seeker piecing this show together was class. Much better use of him that.

Funny how Rey/Andrade was held off this show and now the commentary team has turned their attention to Rey’s mask. 🤔

• Paid Members
20 minutes ago, Mr Butternut Squash said:

This PPV was a fun old mess.

A good description. It wasn't a bad show at all. But the key stuff that didn't deliver was some of the most important stuff around the Vegan Title and the Women's.

They need to have a really good look at how they went from Kofi being red hot to the match getting "This is boring" chants. And not at all undeservedly. If New Day were going to come out anyway, they should have come out early for the DQ before it ends up 4 on 3 and The Bar take Kofi out of the main event. That way he doesn't have to lose either. Stop having a babyfaces lose for no reason.

Complete aside but how big a star would Kofi have been if he talked like Woods? Or how big a star would Woods be now if he worked like Kofi?

They booked themselves into a corner with Becky and Charlotte and that stupid fucking injury that won't go away. This should have been what I mistakenly thought it was last week. It should have been Charlotte fighting to get into the match with Rousey fucking her over because she wants Becky 1 on 1. It's just better that way. Can't fault Charlotte again. Some great touches like the limp, holding open the ropes and the cleavage strut. It's too convoluted. They are so lucky that people just love Becky and Charlotte and Ronda are both fucking great. So lucky.

God I love The Shield. But nowhere near enough to watch Lashley and Corbin for half an hour. Sorry lads. Last few minutes was fun.

Glad they went the right way with Shane and Miz. Told you it made more sense that way. Crowd was great for it too.

They have really took the steam out of the piss in the Raw Women's title feud. That finish would have made sense if the stipulation was if Charlotte loses, she is out of the main event and Becky is in. Why would Ronda want to face a top of her game Charlotte when she could face Peg-leg Lynch? It would have created a fired-up angry Charlotte and would have added more spice to the three-way feud. They could have easily added Flair back in to the match at a later date.

Instead the finish makes Ronda look stupid for adding another person into the match, Becky look weak to having to rely on Ronda and it makes no difference to Charlotte at all.

The rest of the card was not too shabby with the fatal 4-way being the highlight. I want to see a Mysterio/Andrade 60 minute Ironman match. I am sure they will still have about a dozen spots concocted which we haven not seen yet.  

• Paid Members
22 minutes ago, Glenryck Pilchards said:

The rest of the card was not too shabby with the fatal 4-way being the highlight. I want to see a Mysterio/Andrade 60 minute Ironman match. I am sure they will still have about a dozen spots concocted which we haven not seen yet.  

The fatal four way really was top notch stuff. Well worth making the effort to watch. I really hope Rey and Andrade get the chance to have a big singles match on PPV. Either at 'Mania, or if there isn't enough space on the card, at the May PPV (Not the Saudi one though, please). In the meantime however, I'd give Rey a win or two on TV. He's losing a bit too often these days, considering how good he is at the minute. He's one of the best in the company right now. 

• Paid Members

Going by the way they edited that pre-match video, they seem to be trying to completely erase that Becky apology from the story they've told. Anyway, they've definitely hurt this story from that post-Rumble staredown, but it's still pretty good. At the very least they've tried to stack all manner of odds against Becky to try and get all the sympathy a babyface needs. The only good thing about that finish was Ronda Rousey's arse, though. Logically, I guess it makes sense, but was such an underwhelming finish.

I was smiling like a tit during The Shield match. Incredible to see big Roman back and looking in such good shape. Dean is surely getting involved in a match at 'Mania? They were suspiciously pushing hard it's his last night.

I thought it had plenty of solid inoffensive wrestling but agree that it was a bit of a mess when it comes to the booking for the main matches that they were building for Mania, namely Becky/Ronda/Charlotte and Bryan/Kofi.

The Becky/Charlotte match with that everlasting injury and then the finish didn't work and Kofi getting squashed in a handicap match plus Mustafa Ali being added to the title match was a bit unnecessary for me.     

The Shield send off was cool though and was pleased to see Shane turn on Miz as that was different. At least there's no more killing time and they can officially start building up Mania now. 

Archived