Actors Who Ruin Your Telly

Astro Hollywood

• Paid Members
16 hours ago, WyattSheepMask said:

Dominic Cooper, but I honestly don’t know why. Looking at his IMDB, I haven’t seen as much of him as I’d thought, but whatever I saw him in to have such a low opinion of the man must have really made an impression because anytime I see him, whether it’s in a film or even just an interview, I immediately think “oh great, that shitarse again”

#NotMyPreacher

• Paid Members
17 minutes ago, neil said:

Alyson Hannigan - terrible actor who yuks it up about as bad as Dustin Diamond

Eliza Dushku is even worse, if we're talking Buffy alumni. I mean, they were all awful, but she's arguably the worst of the lot.

• Paid Members

Chris O'Dowd, single-handedly destroying any possible enjoyment of The IT Crowd and then everything else he's ever been in. The Boat That Rocks, which was a terrible film anyway, featuring everyone in it either being crap or just not giving a fuck, has everyone in it outdone in sheer shittery by smiling-moon-face O'Dowd, in the climax of the film, calling out 'It's a boatload of boats!" like a massive twat.

He has zero comic timing or charisma, and he acts like they cast an enthusiastic but not-very-bright dog.

The episode I saw of Moone Boy was pretty good though, to be fair. It might be a bit like Russell Brand, who's similarly shit (and was almost cast as Super Hans, and just imagine how fucking awful that would have been), but who I thought did a decent job in St Trinians of all things - a natural kids TV actor/presenter who has somehow ended up in entirely the wrong genre.

• Paid Members
28 minutes ago, Chris B said:

Chris O'Dowd, single-handedly destroying any possible enjoyment of The IT Crowd and then everything else he's ever been in. The Boat That Rocks, which was a terrible film anyway, featuring everyone in it either being crap or just not giving a fuck, has everyone in it outdone in sheer shittery by smiling-moon-face O'Dowd, in the climax of the film, calling out 'It's a boatload of boats!" like a massive twat.

He has zero comic timing or charisma, and he acts like they cast an enthusiastic but not-very-bright dog.

The episode I saw of Moone Boy was pretty good though, to be fair. It might be a bit like Russell Brand, who's similarly shit (and was almost cast as Super Hans, and just imagine how fucking awful that would have been), but who I thought did a decent job in St Trinians of all things - a natural kids TV actor/presenter who has somehow ended up in entirely the wrong genre.

There is a reason why Russell Brand quiit acting. Because he could only play Russell Brand.

Chris O Dowd is fine in my eyes. Moone Boy was a fun watch but I liked him in Bridesmaids and the IT Crowd, so maybe I am wrong 

Chris O Dowd was originally cast in Can You Ever Forgive Me in the role Richard E Grant got an Oscar nod for.  A couple of days before shooting, there were "Creative differences".

Fun fact about Pip Scofe.  Gordon The Gopher was something his mum made, so he got all the royalties and trademarks for it, bet he made enough from that to never have to use We Buy Any Car to shift his motor.

• Paid Members
1 hour ago, neil said:

Alyson Hannigan - terrible actor who yuks it up about as bad as Dustin Diamond

In American Pie 2 she managed to become a parody of her character in the first film, much like Joey did in Friends through the years. Really jarred me when watching the 2nd film.