Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Astro Hollywood

Actors Who Ruin Your Telly

Recommended Posts

18 minutes ago, gmoney said:

Imagine choosing to watch A League of Their Own.

Just to clarify, the terrible TV show, not the perfectly enjoyable women's baseball drama from 1992?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Merzbow said:

Has Corden been in anything potentially good enough to ruin?

Trolls but you don't have to see his stupid face so he doesn't ruin it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I haven't seen Ocean's 8, but one of the most frequent comments I've heard or read on it is that it was decent, and that, "surprisingly, Corden wasn't able to ruin it".

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

James Martin - Smug faced fat boy chef who I blame for ruining Saturday morning TV. Also cannot dress for shit. Looks like he secretly voted Leave as well.

Ross Noble - Urgh. Get away

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Carbomb said:

I haven't seen Ocean's 8, but one of the most frequent comments I've heard or read on it is that it was decent, and that, "surprisingly, Corden wasn't able to ruin it".

Before appearing as himself in stuff an doing some of the worst sketch comedy on record, he was a perfectly fine actor.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

James Corden is the worst. I think I hate him more than anyone who’s been on tv. A League of their Own seems to have a bunch of regular cunts who are annoying whenever I see an ad come on (which I mute). Freddie Flintoff, Jamie Rednapp, John Bishop, and Romesh bloody Ranganathan who seems to be on everything. They can all fuck off. 

Jason Byrne popped up a few months ago when I was watching something and was so annoying and unfunny and tryhard that I actually got annoyed about it. I hope he’s never let back on tv again. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, Chest Rockwell said:

He's a bit one note but I like him anyway. He's a good voice actor and I like the movie podcast he does. Also your opinion is completely invalidated by calling Good Place 'flawless brilliance'. A laughable assessment of a really patchy show.

A man after my own heart.

For me, Ryan Reynolds. The smarmy cunt soaks up any scene he is in and turns it into smug gash. One of those guys who is probably a good lad and a great laugh to have a beer with, but on-screen he's a total dick wipe.

I only barely scraped through Deadpool (mainly as he was under a mask the entire time) and his understated performance in the new Pokemon movie is not filling me with much hope.

Edited by Accident Prone

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I can't believe I forgot the most obvious answer - Ricky Gervais. Ubiquitous enough to crop up in guest spots and cameos a lot and generally socialise and work with people much better than him. Consistently ruins things just by being part of them.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, gmoney said:

Before appearing as himself in stuff an doing some of the worst sketch comedy on record, he was a perfectly fine actor.

I haven't seen Gavin & Stacey, so I can't attest to his earlier work. Thoroughly irritated by him in Dr. Who, though.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, Carbomb said:

I haven't seen Ocean's 8, but one of the most frequent comments I've heard or read on it is that it was decent, and that, "surprisingly, Corden wasn't able to ruin it".

Pretty much what I said when I reviewed it but only because everyone else in it was so superb. He was also in The Lady in the Van but thankfully fucked off after a few seconds long cameo.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Chest Rockwell said:

I can't believe I forgot the most obvious answer - Ricky Gervais. Ubiquitous enough to crop up in guest spots and cameos a lot and generally socialise and work with people much better than him. Consistently ruins things just by being part of them.

The correct answer. Astro asked for 'actors who ruin your telly' and this is absolutely Gervais in everything he has ever been in, or will ever be in. Never was the US Office worse than in the two minutes he cameo'd in it. He will sap my enjoyment from anything no matter how much I'm otherwise entertained by it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Accident Prone said:

A man after my own heart.

For me, Ryan Reynolds. The smarmy cunt soaks up any scene he is in and turns it into smug gash. One of those guys who is probably a good lad and a great laugh to have a beer with, but on-screen he's a total dick wipe.

I only barely scraped through Deadpool (mainly as he was under a mask the entire time) and his understated performance in the new Pokemon movie is not filling me with much hope.

I’m with you on Ryan Reynolds. I barely got through the first Deadpool either. It’s the smugness and irritating voice.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Carbomb said:

I haven't seen Gavin & Stacey, so I can't attest to his earlier work. Thoroughly irritated by him in Dr. Who, though.

I wasn't even referring to Gavin and Stacy, he's in a load of average British films from the early 2000s. Starter For 10 is one. I remember noticing him and thinking "he's not bad that bloke" before it all went drastically wrong. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, gmoney said:

I wasn't even referring to Gavin and Stacy, he's in a load of average British films from the early 2000s. Starter For 10 is one. I remember noticing him and thinking "he's not bad that bloke" before it all went drastically wrong. 

From what I've seen him in, he's been nothing but annoying, but I have heard from various people he's pretty good on stage - he got plaudits for his performances in The History Boys and One Man, Two Guvnors in the West End. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...