Whatever happened to...

tiger_rick

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members
8 minutes ago, garynysmon said:

Punching your opponent in the head 10 times while stood on the middle ropes as the crowd counts along.

Thought about that one last night but realised I hate it and don't miss it.

8 minutes ago, garynysmon said:

Do they even have tag ropes any more?

Yep. At the recent NXT show the ref made a point of going to each corner and putting the tag rop nicely into position before the teams came out. Very odd but nice touch.

• Paid Members
15 minutes ago, garynysmon said:

Do they even have tag ropes any more?

They do indeed. If anything, I would say they tend to use them far more than even a few years ago (I'd have to go back and look to find specific examples, but it is something I'd noticed recently).

EDIT: What Rick said.

• Paid Members
9 minutes ago, Liam O'Rourke said:

I see what he means in the sense of it taking forever since a regular powerbomb, no sitdown, no pop-up, no modified bollocks, a straight up lovely Vader style powerbomb is an awesome move.

But as @HarmonicGenerator points out, isn't that what WALTER uses as his finisher? I could be wrong, but I thought he did a more classic, old school powerbomb?

• Paid Members
1 minute ago, Liam O'Rourke said:

Oh for sure. Pre-WALTER I think it's a fabulous complaint.

That's fair. There's definitely been a prevalence for the sit-out Batista or Liger style powerbombs in recent years, and I totally agree there was a real lack of traditional versions pre-WALTER.

On a related note, I'd actually like to see a big man do something closer to Jackknife power bomb. There's probably someone who does, but I can't think currently of the last time I saw someone with that sort of height do a Nash-style powerbomb. 

Archived