Times you wanted to be at the venue.

IANdrewDiceClay

• Paid Members

I swear, everytime I watch the WCW Nitro tapings from Disney, I've been in a good mood. And I was at a funeral today. Look at the half dark/half light sky. Reminds me of footy after school and the smell of sweat and grass and that great knackered feeling in your legs that didnt last because you werent an old cunt. That's a great venue for wrestling. Couldnt have it every week obviously, but those Nitros looked so great.

WCWDisney2.jpg

Any others?

• Awards Moderator

I think maybe anytime the crowd is particularly hot, it must be so easy to get swept up in it all. Most shows I’ve been too, some or most of the crowd just haven’t been that bothered a lot of the time. But being there for a Judgment Day 2000 or a 1998 Raw or a Mania VI would be great fun.

• Paid Members

One Night Only in 97.  I was 7 years old at the time and pestered my mum to get me tickets when they were advertised in a latter WWF sent me as a magazine subscriber.  She refused and I balled my eyes out crying.  Got the video tape when it was released and was gutted at what I missed - the crowd heat in the main event was off the chart.  

• Paid Members

I'd have killed to be have been in the crowd when Lesnar broke the Streak. It was wild enough watching on TV. I'd have loved to have been amongst it when the threw the graphic up and everyone gasped. What a moment.

Any big show that happened at MSG, I got to do a tour of the arena when I went to New York in 2007 and while the tour guide mentioned very little about wrestling, oddly, I was quick to point out to my dad where the entrances would be depending on what show had been there (granted it has moved streets and had refurbs over the 5 decades WWE have performed there like)

Royal Rumble 2000 or Survivor Series 2002 for the experience of being in the Garden around that time.

Any Nitro from 2000 simple to listen to what people live would say about some of those shows..

Summerslam 1992 which I think is fairly self explanatory

One of the recent Saudi shows if I could sit and watch wrestling with the Royals in those awesome seats they had (if we disregard everything else against those shows happening)

Finally two I was really sad I missed by being overseas were the initial UK Championship tournament and the follow up the year after. The first for the awesome atmosphere, beautiful venue and being part of a real big new platform for UK wrestlers, the second simply to watch wrestling in The Royal Albert Hall

7 hours ago, bbabba said:

One Night Only in 97.  I was 7 years old at the time and pestered my mum to get me tickets when they were advertised in a latter WWF sent me as a magazine subscriber.  She refused and I balled my eyes out crying.  Got the video tape when it was released and was gutted at what I missed - the crowd heat in the main event was off the chart.  

I went. I was 12 and at the height of my markdom and I was so angry and disappointed I’ve never known anything like it...and I’ve seen Arsenal win the league at White Hart Lane!!!!

Id loved to have been there at Mania 30 as well

It's the weird settings that appeal to me - well not weird, but different I guess. Yes it would have been great being in the crowd at Nitro when Golderg won the belt or at Backlash 2000 when everyone loses their shit and goes nuts, but I would have loved to have been at a Spring Break Nitro. Probably the one in 1998. Watching wrestling under a setting sun with a few beers is a cracking experience I bet, especially when Big Kev decides to start bombing.

Kawasaki Stadium for the 7th FMW Anniversary show in 1996.

Those shows set there always looked awesome to me, crowds were red hot, the sun setting as the big explosive matches started and it felt nothing like the big 2 companies. This was far closer to sports entertainment and the extreme elements usually meant waaay more than what ECW who straight up jacked ideas from this fed did.

Archived