Great Expections by Kiss is the worst song ever. Prove Otherwise.

PowerButchi

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members

Kiss put out some absolute horrors once they stopped being a band and started being a business. 

• Paid Members
52 minutes ago, hallicks said:

I'm un-nominating Nick Berry and changing to "Moves like Jagger" by Maroon 5 and Christina Aguilera. A total fucking disaster of a pop song from start to finish. 

Maroon 5 are fucking abysmal. I hate his voice, I hate their music and I hate the fact that they've spent the past several years acting like teenagers.

• Paid Members

Gene Simmons wrote all the bad KISS songs. Most of the songs seemed to be about shagging underage girls (Christine Sixteen has an awful speaking part which sounds like its from a grooming education kit). Probably no surprise that Simmons famous anthems had the "co-written" stamp on them or were written by someone else (Frehley wrote Cold Gin and Stanley penned God of Thunder.) If you look at KISS' albums into the "Rock B(r)and" era, they needed a lot of help to write an album. Usually from Vinnie Vincent, who provided loads of belters. To the point they brought him back into the fold in 1992, despite lawsuits between them.

@PowerButchi needs to listen to Gene's 2004 solo album if he thinks Great Expections is shite. There's some songs on there that will make you question if its worth having the ability to hear anymore. Gene Simmons cover of Firestarter ... fuck my life.

Anyway, the answer is that Rude Box shit Blobby Williams did. Or in fact anything by the fat cunt.

I'm not even gonna put the link on here because it sucks that bad, but that Baby Bloody Shark song is the worst song ever. What annoys me more is the (soon to be ex) missus tries to make the daughter like it. Just fuck off. I hope a shark eats anyone involved with the production of this piece of shit.

• Moderators
1 hour ago, pitseleh said:

This came out only TWO YEARS AGO. Mental.

Haha. Wow. I knew this would be shit because I'm familiar with Hopsin but I wasn't prepared for just how bad it is. It's not just that it's massively offensive, but his story is really fucking boring as well. Nothing happens! He sets up the premise of going for a massage with a happy ending and then that is exactly what happens with no twists, no interesting incident, no nothing. It's not even at the bar of the narrative of the music video; it's literally not even a good enough anecdote for a story for to tell your friends, let alone make a song about. That was fucking tragic. And his rhyming is shit too.

• Paid Members
4 hours ago, Thunderplex said:

This comes up quite a lot.

My usual answer?  Robbie Williams, Angels.  Santamonious twat.

That's not even his worst single. Candy is a terrible collection of rhymes written by a five year old set to a terribly annoying melody. The first time I heard it, he was dancing like my dad on Graham Norton in a combined assault on my eyes and ears that has left me a jaded empty shell to this day.

Life, by Des'Ree. I'm assuming each of the 10 million views are people being asked this exact question and finding the video link:

In terms of lyrics, if you can't bring yourself to watch (and I don't blame you):

Life, oh life, oh life, oh life,
Doo, doot doot dooo.
Doo, doot dooo

I'm afraid of the dark,
Especially when I'm in a park
And there's no-one else around,

Oh, I get the shivers
I don't want to see a ghost,
It's a sight that I fear most
I'd rather have a piece of toast
And watch the evening news

Doo, doot doot dooo.
Doo, doot dooo

I'm a superstitious girl,
I'm the worst in the world
Never walk under ladders,
I keep a rabbit's tail

I'll take you up on a dare,
Anytime, anywhere
Name the place, I'll be there,
Bungee jumping, I don't care!

Doo, doot doot dooo.
Doo, doot dooo

Life, doo, doot dooo
Doo, doot dooo

So after all is said and done
I know I'm not the only one
Life indeed can be fun, if you really want to

Sometimes living out your dreams,
Ain't as easy as it seems
You want to fly around the world,
In a beautiful balloon

Doo, doot doot dooo.
Doo, doot dooo

Doo doot dooo in-fucking-deed.

• Moderators
2 hours ago, Keith Houchen said:

Bohemian Rhapsody.

Incorrect Houchen. 

As regards Gene Simmons nonce anthems, Goin' Blind is one but fuck me it's Kiss' best tune for me. You are right though Ian. Simmons songs are all seemingly yewtree

Is ‘Great Expectations’ worse than ‘I Was Made For Loving You’ though. Both are as subtle  as a brick in the face, it’s just that one is Gene’s song and the other is Paul’s. Both are worse than ‘Beth’ though.

As for writing better song when they were a band and not a business?...Yeah, true. But, ‘Psycho Circus’ is from the business era, but then again that’s another of Paul’s tunes.

And @IANdrewDiceClay, I’d blocked Gene’s 2004 solo album from memory until today. That thing is fucking horrific. The song ‘Asshole’ doesn’t even have a writing credit because no-one wants to admit they wrote it. “You think that you’re cool, that you’re nobody’s fool, but you’ve got a personality just like a bucket full of pee”

And that’s the opening fucking line 

Archived