Invent a believable wrestling lie

Onyx2

• Awards Moderator

Wrestling is a bizarre past time packed with all sorts of weird trivia. But what lies could you effectively sneak under Meltzer's nose without raising suspicion? 

I'll start. 

When he was born 'Big Show' Paul Wight was already four feet tall. 

Jerry Lawler has a 5% stake in chicken franchise restaurant Nando's. 

Mick Foley still has seven thumbtacks in his back from King of the Ring 1998 that doctors couldn't remove. 

Bonus points if it gets posted on Reddit next week with the heading "TIL..." 

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

While holidaying in Chicago, Giant Baba left a generous tip to a waiter in a restaurant after being impressed with the speed of the service. Years later while watching Star Wars in Tokyo, he realised that the young waiter was none other than Harrison Ford. 

Kevin Nash became fluent in French after meeting Jean-Claude Van Damme at a Comic Con in 2005 and realising that, to quote the man himself, "It's a beautiful language, man. N'est ce pas?"

Brad Armstrong and Chris Adams were hitting on two girls in a bar in Nacogdoches, Texas, and were flabbergasted to discover one of the women also turned out to be called Chris Adams, but spelled with a K. To this day Brad has said that if he ever has a daughter he will name her Kris. Brad Armstrong has 5 sons.

• Paid Members

In 2017 I was catching the London train from Crewe station. It was very crowded; I found myself in a last-minute rush for the one remaining seat beside a short, stocky man with collar-length hair. I looked up and saw it was none other than Pete Dunne, it was the height of his Progress championship fame. He said, "You jammy bastard" and quick as a flash, I replied, "Don't be blue, Peter!" Needless to say, I had the last laugh.

Once, while Tracy Smothers was peeling a banana on the sidewalk, a man who seemed to be in a hurry brushed past him and almost knocked the banana from his hand. Smothers was about to challenge the fellow before he realised who it was: Judge Reinhold, who was in town shooting a part for the TV show Monk. Realising he was in the presence of one of his favourite actors, Smothers stifled his rage and chuckled to himself about where that banana could have ended up, considering Reinhold's most famous movie role. 

Archived