Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Loki

UKFF Netflix Recommendations Thread

Recommended Posts

Echo the love for The Good Place. Just a really easy watch with good performances.

Sex Education is really good too. Genuine laugh out loud moments although it does feel very American considering it's a mostly British cast and it's filmed in Wales.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, cobra_gordo said:

Sex Education is really good too. Genuine laugh out loud moments although it does feel very American considering it's a mostly British cast and it's filmed in Wales.

I like it, don't love it. Though I do feel about twice the age of their target audience.

The Anglo-American thing hurt my head. I read an interview with the creators who deliberately went for a trans-Atlantic look so it could play well anywhere. So you get people in home counties accents wearing letterman jackets, living in caravan parks, riding in leafy Wales meanwhile leaning up against lockers holding books. It's confusing.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, Onyx2 said:

I like it, don't love it. Though I do feel about twice the age of their target audience.

The Anglo-American thing hurt my head. I read an interview with the creators who deliberately went for a trans-Atlantic look so it could play well anywhere. So you get people in home counties accents wearing letterman jackets, living in caravan parks, riding in leafy Wales meanwhile leaning up against lockers holding books. It's confusing.

I think the fact me and my Mrs are quite a bit older than who it's probably aimed at made it all the funnier. There's definite parallels in the characters to people we knew in real life at a similar age.

I missed episode one and jumped in at 2 and genuinely thought it was set in America- it was the letterman jackets that got me too. The production and cinematography has a very American look to it (if there is such a thing) so it took me a while to grasp where it was actually meant to be set.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, cobra_gordo said:

I missed episode one and jumped in at 2

How is that possible with an online series?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm assuming his missus was watching it and he jumped in. It happens in my household. I think my wife didn't watch the first couple episodes of this show either as it happens.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, Devon Malcolm said:

How is that possible with an online series?

 

7 minutes ago, Chest Rockwell said:

I'm assuming his missus was watching it and he jumped in. It happens in my household. I think my wife didn't watch the first couple episodes of this show either as it happens.

 

This. She'd watched episode one and instead of making her rewatch it so I could catch up she gave me a condensed recap of what I'd missed.

Happens a lot in our house too. I think I watched four or five episodes of a particular series of Homeland and she just caught me up in between because she was way more keen on it than I was and wanted to watch it even though I wasn't there.

Edited by cobra_gordo

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Insatiable is an interesting one. Lots of subplots going on. Everybody trying to "redeem themselves" by getting one over on somebody else. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Finished watching Russian Doll, really enjoyed it and it's refreshing to just have a 30 minute or less episodes of a show like this (looking for some more) but...

the way they get out of the loop was disappointing and unmemorable, but once they were both out of the loop enjoyed the twist of not know each other and having to save the other one.

So any other 30 mins and under shows? Watching Always Sunny and started Barry on Sky yesterday.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, Weezenal said:

So any other 30 mins and under shows? Watching Always Sunny and started Barry on Sky yesterday.

 

Norsemen is worth a look - very odd humour in that it's basically a satire of modern workplace etiquette but I like it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, King of Hamptons said:

Hardcore Henry.. It's a action revenge film but shot in first person.. Its bloody gory and a hell of a lot of fun!! 

That's not a Netflix original.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I really enjoyed Dark, a good bit of German time travelling mystery with just the right amount of clever twists and turns.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
44 minutes ago, Devon Malcolm said:

That's not a Netflix original.

Not as bad as Steve Justices recommendation of fucking Plebs. I shake my head every time I accidentally click page 1 and see it. He might as well have said Mrs Browns Boys.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Steve Justice's toiletry eccentricities often hide his questionable taste in everything, taste that is echoed by all Arsenal fans on here, for some reason.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...