UKFF Netflix / Amazon Prime Recommendations Thread

• Paid Members

I've just breezed through 3 series' of Rust Valley Restorers on Netflix. Not usually my thing with it being all about car restoration, however the cast are super likeable and their relationships with each other are great,l.

Some genuine laugh out loud moments, along with some touching moments as well.

Avery is the MVP.

• 4 weeks later...
  • Replies 576
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

This thread is fucking dumb anyway. There's a tv show thread, a film thread, a documentary thread, a stand-up thread, etc. What is the point in keeping any of those things out of their respective thre

Gillian Jacobs looks like every other American college film sorority girl. Alison Brie would make me become the sort of man who wears trousers around the house and collared shirts under jumpers when w

It's horrendous, Brewster. And I should have known it would be shite because Harlan Coben, and also because all the Love Island and Mrs.Browns Boys lads and ladies in work are saying how amazing it

Posted Images

Finished the first season of Cobra Kai last night and loved it. 

As someone who has been a massive Karate Kid fan since I was a small child, it seemed Cobra Kai re-enforced just how strange it is that so much money was spent on, and how so many people are truly invested in a regional under-18 karate tournament. 

It must be a very boring town if the winner of a childs karate tournament is a local celebrity at all, never mind 36 years later. 

I still love it though. When I saw that glimpse of the yellow truck with the original music from the film playing in the last episode, I got fully erect. 

• Paid Members
10 minutes ago, wordsfromlee said:

Finished the first season of Cobra Kai last night and loved it. 

As someone who has been a massive Karate Kid fan since I was a small child, it seemed Cobra Kai re-enforced just how strange it is that so much money was spent on, and how so many people are truly invested in a regional under-18 karate tournament. 

It must be a very boring town if the winner of a childs karate tournament is a local celebrity at all, never mind 36 years later. 

I still love it though. When I saw that glimpse of the yellow truck with the original music from the film playing in the last episode, I got fully erect. 

S2 is just as good, if not better. We breezed through both seasons in a few days. Great show!

The second series certainly has some brilliant highs but it threatens to wade in to Glee territory at times with all the teenie bopper drama. They need to reign that in a little bit next series because the kids are all a bunch of shitarse actors, apart from Hawk who is obviously best. I just want Johnny getting drunk hitting stuff and learning lessons with bits of Larusso being an unintentional dick. 

Hopefully they follow the obvious arc the shows heading in and wrap it up in series 3. 

Just now, Mr_Danger said:

The second series certainly has some brilliant highs but it threatens to wade in to Glee territory at times with all the teenie bopper drama. They need to reign that in a little bit next series because the kids are all a bunch of shitarse actors, apart from Hawk who is obviously best. I just want Johnny getting drunk hitting stuff and learning lessons with bits of Larusso being an unintentional dick. 

Hopefully they follow the obvious arc the shows heading in and wrap it up in series 3. 

I wouldn't go that far, I think the actors who play Miguel and Dmitry are good too, as well as the main man Burt.

But yeah, Tanner Buchanan who plays Robbie is dreadful.  'Sam' is a weak actress as are 'Tory' and 'Aisha', then again Ralph Maccio won't be winning any awards soon either.

I thought the first season was the much better of the two and the second season does drag at times, primarily with anything that's nothing to do with Cobra Kai (trying to avoid spoilers as much as possible).

• 2 weeks later...
  • Paid Members
9 hours ago, WyattSheepMask said:

Desmonds is coming to Netflix in October 

While I'm all for more eyes on one of the best sitcoms of the 80s/90s, you can already watch all of it for free on All4 I believe. 

• Paid Members
5 minutes ago, mim731 said:

While I'm all for more eyes on one of the best sitcoms of the 80s/90s, you can already watch all of it for free on All4 I believe. 

Standard Definition and Adverts? Not for me Clive.

Agreed, All4 has to be the worst streaming service out there. You cant't even look at another tab on a laptop whilst the adverts are playing, the utter slags.

Desmonds is great and all, but where is Porkpie!!!???

Rocks is on Netflix from Thursday, and everyone should see it. It's the best film I've seen all year.

6 hours ago, SuperBacon said:

Agreed, All4 has to be the worst streaming service out there. You cant't even look at another tab on a laptop whilst the adverts are playing, the utter slags.

Open a 2nd browser or install the browser extension AdBlock Plus, to block adverts.

• Paid Members
8 minutes ago, Rossman said:

Open a 2nd browser or install the browser extension AdBlock Plus, to block adverts.

How do I do that on my freeview box?

Hubie Hallowe’en. It’s everything you could possibly want from a Netflix Adam Sandler film. Stupid name, funny voice, childlike innocence, god awful running jokes. It’s shit tier Sandler but has Julie Bowen so there’s that at least. $275m they paid him to make 4 films. This is one of them. Fair play Sandler, you know what you’re doing.