Loki

UKFF Netflix / Amazon Prime Recommendations Thread

Mr Exotic was also part of a Louis Theroux doc

Just watched a fascinating piece called The History Of Time Travel. It's pretty low budget, but very well written and made. It's a faux documentary about the invention and further consequences of time travel. 

6 hours ago, wordsfromlee said:

There seems to be more that they didn’t include in Tiger King, like Joe Milli Vanilli-ing all his songs. 

https://slate.com/culture/2020/03/netflixs-tiger-king-joe-exotics-music-isnt-even-by-joe-exotic.html

Just watch it for five seconds and you’ll see that that isn’t a startling revelation 

There must be something about big cat people that just attracts the utterly weird.

If you've enjoyed Tiger King, you'll also probably enjoy the surprisingly similar (and also jaw-dropping) Cat Dancers from 2007. Someone's kindly put the entire documentary up on Youtube.

New to this thread in light of the fact that the ongoing health crisis means i'm A) stuck indoors and B) have fuck all by way of freelance work going on to keep me occupied in the evenings, meaning for the first time in years, I have a bit of free time to watch some films/telly.

Taken the plunge, as we've watched all the kids DVD's to death and so i'm hoping there might be some stuff on there to keep them entertained during the lockdown period, but given my somewhat limited and rather well known tastes, not to mention my self confessed bone-idleness, any recommendations for good or interesting things to watch would be greatly appreciated!!

Community is being added to Netflix. Give that a go

Edited by Hannibal Scorch

Finished Tiger King, and even after all of that, I want Doc Antle to have his own series, although I expect he’s too savy to allow the cameras to have full access. I couldn’t shake the fact that he reminded me of Curt Hennig though, kept expecting him to say “the way I look after my animals, is absolutely...PERFECT!”

Jeff Lowe and his Affliction/Oakley wearing mid-life crisis was another persist highlight 

Edited by WyattSheepMask

1 hour ago, WyattSheepMask said:

Jeff Lowe and his Affliction/Oakley wearing mid-life crisis was another persist highlight 

I couldn't look at Jeff Lowe without hearing this in my head.

S02E03-OBZt1jiN-subtitled.jpg

Just binged the new season of Sunderland Till I Die. Charlie Methven is a brilliant little shite. Him selling some of the board on Tiesto for the stadium music was as David Brent as it gets. 

Edited by Gay as FOOK

Probably one for the football fans, but Amazon Prime has all of the official World Cup movies. There's a chance this has been mentioned and I'm late to the show, but during a lockdown with no sports being able to binge all of these is awesome.

Charlie Methven in Sunderland Till I Die 2 is brilliant. My personal favourite being when he utterly loses it at the Checkertrade Final and his wife's reaction