Loki

UKFF Netflix / Amazon Prime Recommendations Thread

On 3/21/2020 at 4:05 PM, wordsfromlee said:

Tiger King: Murder, Mayhem and Madness on Netflix is absolutely insane. It's not your classic Netflix true crime series at all. There are various points where you think that this has to be a wind up but then you remember that these people are from Myrtle Beach and Florida and it's all makes sense.

It's incredible, and it just keeps on coming.

But my absolute favourite things about it are the brief glimpse of a Jim Duggan 8x10 in Joe Exotic's office, and the fact that absolutely everybody in it looks exactly how you'd expect.

The ending of episode 2 made me genuinely sit upright. The next episode is a true life crime series in itself!

It's up there with ABDUCTED IN PLAIN SIGHT for batshittery

Who's your favourite big cat owner? Joe Exotic, Carol, the Tony Montana guy or Doc?

For me it's Doc. A spiritual, dirty shagger version of Penn Jillette. I corpse every time he strolls into shot riding an elephant like some sort of god.

Genuinely thought you lot were over egging it, but have just finished episode 1 and holy shit.

Went for a fag and couldn't stop singing "Woke up this moooorning, with the suuun in my eeeeyes"

Tune.

If you told me Joe Exotic was a character written by Danny McBride, I wouldn't question it.

Played by David Spade.

I finished it last night. It didn't keep up the 'oh shit' factor as much, and by the end, I actually felt kinda sad for some involved.

If I'd have known about the whole 'big cat' lifestyle 20yrs ago I feel that my life would be very different.

14 hours ago, lars85 said:

If you told me Joe Exotic was a character written by Danny McBride, I wouldn't question it.

I was genuinely about to post asking what episode Danny Mcbride and Walt Goggins turn up in. 

16 hours ago, SuperBacon said:

Genuinely thought you lot were over egging it, but have just finished episode 1 and holy shit.

Went for a fag and couldn't stop singing "Woke up this moooorning, with the suuun in my eeeeyes"

Tune.

Just finished this, and it's a complete shitshow. What I mean by that is that whilst it's a decent story and a good documentary, everyone involved is an absolute cunt.

Only Erik, Saff, both of Joes husbands and to an extent shagger Doc come out of it seeming anywhere near decent.

Jeff Lowe has to be one of the biggest bellends I've ever seen on screen. A 50+ man who wears distressed denim jeans, and a bandana underneath a snapback, the Ken Anderson looking twat. Saying that I couldn't help but be attracted to his missus, as I like a bit of that southern-white-trash look.

James Garretson? Fat bellend. The campaign manager? Libertarian bellend. Allen? Meth bellend. Howard Baskin? Melted Prince Charles bellend. Just a constant stream of bellends.

Shagger Doc is a cross between Tim Robbins Ian (Ray to his friends) from High Fidelity and Michael Hayes but he's still a terrible human being.

So a good series, but again two episodes too long, and not touching the upper echelons of the genre (Redknapp mode) your Staircases, your Makings, Your Evil Geniuses; and I never ever want to see Joe Exotics face ever again.

Quote of the series: "I'm as gay as a three dollar bill" I'm using that.

10 minutes ago, SuperBacon said:

Jeff Lowe has to be one of the biggest bellends I've ever seen on screen

He's the fucking worst. At least the others have some redeeming qualities but this guy is an absolute snake. Will turn his own mother into the feds if he had a chance. Man has to have a code and he doesn't have one.

Just now, PunkStep said:

He's the fucking worst. At least the others have some redeeming qualities but this guy is an absolute snake. Will turn his own mother into the feds if he had a chance. Man has to have a code and he doesn't have one.

Easy Dushane.

50 minutes ago, SuperBacon said:

The campaign manager? Libertarian bellend.

There was a point where he needlessly started a sentence with "I'm a Libertarian", and in that moment I hated him more than any of the murderers, drug traffickers, con artists, animal abusers and assorted cunts otherwise making up the cast of the series.

James Garretson's "shop" has the biggest Legitimate Business vibe I have ever seen.

2 minutes ago, BomberPat said:

There was a point where he needlessly started a sentence with "I'm a Libertarian", and in that moment I hated him more than any of the murderers, drug traffickers, con artists, animal abusers and assorted cunts otherwise making up the cast of the series.

James Garretson's "shop" has the biggest Legitimate Business vibe I have ever seen.

There used to be a shop in Twickenham when I was a teen which was called, no lie, Bill & Ben's Hooky Warehouse, which I always thought was just way too "Oh no officer, wink wink, we're a wink wink legit shop" and calling it that made it seems as if it could never be anything but above board.

It sold everyone from automatic BB weapons to sex dolls and wigs. Just everything. That's what his "shop" looked like. Just random items everywhere, like the worlds worst Lidl.