Sign in to follow this  
Loki

UKFF Netflix / Amazon Prime Recommendations Thread

I watched the whole of Living With Yourself yesterday and loved it. I fucking adore Paul Rudd so much, and Aisling Bea is pretty high on my unconventional crushes list so this was 11/10.

But, sad to say the latest series of The Good Place isn’t good. 

Ash Vs Evil Dead Season 1-2 is on Netflix. I had somehow missed Season 2 so dove straight in. Its brilliant. The show is nuts in the best way and the second season was better than the first.

29 minutes ago, SuperBacon said:

I watched the whole of Living With Yourself yesterday and loved it. I fucking adore Paul Rudd so much, and Aisling Bea is pretty high on my unconventional crushes list so this was 11/10.

But, sad to say the latest series of The Good Place isn’t good. 

That first season of The Good Place was something else. It really feels they made that mistake of backing themselves into a corner and now trying to write a conclusion. It went from essential viewing to, oh, I suppose we should watch as nothing else is on by the end of season 2. It's a shame, because there are some good moments, but just so few and far between. Will definetly check out Living With Yourself though as another Rudd fan (Paul, not Amber) 

I watched Hurricane the other night having invested in Netflix finally.  It's pretty good if you can get away from the cheap jarring cgi and focus on the story. 

Robot Jox is also on UK Netflix at the mo. 

15 minutes ago, patiirc said:

Robot Jox is also on UK Netflix at the mo. 

You say that like it's a good thing.

Who Killed Little Gregory? is worth a watch. I’m a bit fed up of true crime as a genre, but this really shines a spotlight on the destructive, uncaring and cruel potential of the media when dealing with something like this.

I also watched ‘I don’t feel alone in this world anymore’ - one of the stronger Netflix movies by my estimation, with a stellar performance from Elijah Wood.

V Wars.

Eight episodes in and it's an enjoyable binge watch but feels like they are burning through multiple seasons worth of ideas in only ten episodes.

Whoever come with that show name though needs sacking.

Daybreak.

All over the place and like the above burning through ideas but I'm a massive sucker for post apocalypse based shows. Plus Matthew Broderick is great in it.

I Lost My Body is the best animated film of the year, for me. Really unusual and initially seems like it's a bit of a stretch to follow, but it comes together beautifully. Only just over an hour and a quarter too, so even better.

@SuperBacon will also vouch for the brilliance of The Body Remembers When the World Broke Open. Made in one continuous take but never feels gimmicky and it's one of the best films I've seen this year. Hugely recommended.

Atlantics is also really good, a weird supernatural romance set in Senegal. Perfect for fans of poncy foreign films with a slight hint of The Fog.

I Lost My Head is awesome. Probably the weirdest animated film I've seen for ages but really stunning and the ending is perfect. All lovely films.

I'm about half way through Godless and its tremendous. Not quite Deadwood good (what is) but after a slow start it builds into a thrilling western series.