The (mostly bad) films of Kevin Smith

King Pitcos

• Paid Members
15 minutes ago, King Pitcos said:

I loved the script when I was 20, but not a big fan of the film. I've lost interest in Kevin Smith's work in general over the last ten years.

He hasn't made a good film for 20 years so you're not missing out.

• Paid Members
9 hours ago, Devon Malcolm said:

He hasn't made a good film for 20 years so you're not missing out.

Tusk is amazing. For two reasons, it's a stupid monster movie about Frankensteining a bloke into a Walrus. Because Michael Parks is wonderful and endlessly watchable. It's fun as hell.

My only real issue with it is the scene between Depp and Parks. It completely kills the momentum of the film and is only there for Depp's ego. 

4 hours ago, DEF said:

My only real issue with it is the scene between Depp and Parks. It completely kills the momentum of the film and is only there for Depp's ego. 

Depp is only in it because Smith's daughter is friends with Depp's daughter and they both play the 2 girls in the convenience store. Of course old wife beater Jonny has to do a silly accent and wear a stupid hat, which is all he does now. 

• Paid Members

I don't have an issue with Depp being cast (this is prewife beating made public) or his silly accent. Just that it led to awful momentum killing scene. Luckily they reign it back in after it.

I liked Mallrats when I was younger but I've always had a soft spot for dumb movies like that. Watched it when I got older and realised how fucking bad a lot of the acting was.

SHE'S FUCKING DEAD.

Clerks 2 is fucking toss.

Edited by The King Of Swing

• Awards Moderator
10 minutes ago, BomberPat said:

As an edgy teenager, everyone used to rave about Dogma. I rewatched it recently, and its decidedly bang average.

I had that watching it for the first time. It was one of the cool films to have watched at around the age of 13/14, I think mainly because of that smiling Jesus with the thumbs up. When I got to see it, like you say... average. Jay & Silent Bob was another one like that.

I remember liking Chasing Amy when I first saw it. Never gone back to it, though, and I expect it hasn't aged well.

Edited by HarmonicGenerator