Labour Split / Independence Group

Devon Malcolm

• Paid Members

I'm in Ann Coffey's constituency and there's no way she's resigning, no matter how much the Heaton Moor soya latte brigade might complain about her over their eggs benedict. There's also no way she wins in the next general election. They just basically kicked themselves out of Parliament.

• Paid Members

Calls for them to resign and restand in a by-election have already started. I think they'll be laughed at if they don't do it. And they'll all lose their seats if they do. Idiots. 

Career politicians being found out with a stupid manoeuvre. 

• Paid Members

I'm not keen to jump straight to chastising them as career politicians, or this as a nakedly political move, as much as I'm not keen on most of them personally. 

Labour does have real problems with anti-Semitism, with lack of coherent strategy, and with a complete failure to engage with calls for a People's Vote - that, in particular, is creating a significant schism within the party and its membership. I have more patience for Corbyn's Labour than Corbyn has particularly warranted in recent months, but even I can see that something has to give.

• Paid Members
5 minutes ago, BomberPat said:

I'm not keen to jump straight to chastising them as career politicians, or this as a nakedly political move, as much as I'm not keen on most of them personally. 

Labour does have real problems with anti-Semitism, with lack of coherent strategy, and with a complete failure to engage with calls for a People's Vote - that, in particular, is creating a significant schism within the party and its membership. I have more patience for Corbyn's Labour than Corbyn has particularly warranted in recent months, but even I can see that something has to give.

I think not offering a different Brexit strategy / Peoples vote has fueled this as well. At the moment, Brexit is the big topic and the two main parties are going to deliver the same thing. Only the Lib Dems (the Accrington Staney party) are against the current situation and no-one will vote for them due to past burning. Labour under JC wants Brexit, yet half the party do not. The whole thing is a shit show to be honest. And while there are things I do like about Corbyn (such as his policy of eating Baked Beans from a tin), I don't feel he is right to lead the party/country.

Chuka and his mates have been saying for ages how they serve their constituents and not party members, so lets see if they stand by that and see what their constituents have to say.  With the exception of Berger, who has received horrible consistent abuse, they can fuck off.

The tories are the winners here.

• Paid Members
2 minutes ago, Keith Houchen said:

With the exception of Berger, who has received horrible consistent abuse, they can fuck off.

That's sort of where I'm at - ideologically, I can understood why the others would want to step away, but can also recognise what warrants the "career politician"/"Blairite" jabs. But some of the stuff I've seen directed at Berger - and that's just what's made public - is abhorrent, and the leadership's failure to address anti-semitism is rightly a major concern.

Good for them! We definitely need a new centrist party to take on Comrade Corbyn and his momentum supporters. We need a meaningful opposition in a healthy democracy and Corbin will never offer that.

37 minutes ago, Keith Houchen said:

Chuka and his mates have been saying for ages how they serve their constituents and not party members, so lets see if they stand by that and see what their constituents have to say.  With the exception of Berger, who has received horrible consistent abuse, they can fuck off.

The tories are the winners here.

Hopefully this encourages the Converative centrist remainers to break away also - just a likely given the parties Brexit battle within. I'm personally hoping for this as I couldn't vote Tory anymore - I resigned my membership of the party after the referendum result.

Let's see what happens....

Edited by MPDTT

1 minute ago, MPDTT said:

Hopefully this encourages the Converative centrist remainers to break away also - just a likely given the parties Brexit battle within.

Much like with Republicans in the US, it won't work like that imo. They'd take Brexit (even no deal) if it meant staying in government because that's all they really give a shit about.

Be interesting to see how that cunt Farage's new Brexit Party effects things.

Last time there was a Labour split it only helped one party and it wasn't a "centrist" party. This split is nothing but another attempt to get rid of Corbyn.