What wrestling biopic would you like to see next?

CL Punk

• Awards Moderator

Adam McKay to follow up Vice with a biopic of Vince McMahon, Dick Cheney’s secretive life being a mere warm up for trying to get to the bottom of McMahon.

Christian Bale to give his greatest transformation yet as Vince.

I began this post thinking I wasn’t going to make a serious suggestion but I’d absolutely watch that film. Just reuse the rest of the cast as well and have Amy Adams as Linda!

• Paid Members
29 minutes ago, HarmonicGenerator said:

Adam McKay to follow up Vice with a biopic of Vince McMahon, Dick Cheney’s secretive life being a mere warm up for trying to get to the bottom of McMahon.

Christian Bale to give his greatest transformation yet as Vince.

I began this post thinking I wasn’t going to make a serious suggestion but I’d absolutely watch that film. Just reuse the rest of the cast as well and have Amy Adams as Linda!

Downvoted for wanting Adam McKay to direct anything.

I think a Brian Pillman one would be ace, a real story to tell there. I reckon Barry Keoghan would be a good fit playing him.

1 hour ago, HarmonicGenerator said:

Good idea but the phrase "to the bottom of McMahon"...🤮

Kmac.jpg

A Vince McMahon biopic would be the ultimate but i'd rather it was a whole drama series than just a film. There is just so many characters and eras to go through with Vince. And within this have the other main characters have there own storylines going on, for example Pat Patterson and what he got up to with fresh young talent. There's just so much real life scandal and sleaze within that company, would make an amazing show.

I doubt we would ever get a real Vince movie, it would be one of those biopics where the family or band members sand down the rough edges or leave out some of the naughty shit they got up to like The Notorious BIG or Bohemian Rhapsody did...

...but if they do a biopic and don't include this, I'll be disappointed.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BxtCTaCxDUc

10 hours ago, cobra_gordo said:

It needs to follow the style of I, Tonya. Just all this mad bullshit that any sane person would think "No fucking way that happened" and then during the credits you've got footage of shoots with Hogan, Beefcake and the Nasty's just telling lies.

Oh, I loved I, Tonya. It's such a good movie and the way it told her story with the conflicting viewpoints would work well with all of The Huckster's bullshit claims.

Similarly, there was a movie on the founder of the National Lampoon Magazine called A Stupid and Futile Gesture where The Narrator called out the inaccuracies in the story as he told it and there's even a freeze frame moment where he lists the things that were wrong.

Archived