Elimination Chamber is tomorrow

HarmonicGenerator

The Kofi thing is a symptom of things in wrestling never feeling truly exciting/special - nothing ever comes out of nowhere, the road to the top is often long and circuitous. Or, even if it is a bolt from the blue, it’s been reported about online or on social media.

Having something come completely out of nowhere I think reignites the ‘fan gene’ in people that can see pushes as they’re happening and spend a lot of time on the internet reading about wrestling.

It was the same when they had Santino in the last 2 of the Rumble once. People were going fucking spanners, yet if you were to catch them once their stiffies had abated they’d probably have told you they didn’t want Santino to headline wrestlemania.

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Awards Moderator
9 minutes ago, The King of Old School said:

Missed the chance with Kofi now, if he was going to win it it should have been last night.

Put him in with Bryan at Mania now and no way does he get the same crowd response, it would probably be played out to silence.

Behave. Kofi winning the big one - even though this has come out of nowhere - would take the roof that doesn’t exist off the stadium at Mania. Last night was his Santino moment but the difference is that you could handle him having the belt for a month or two. He’s not going down the Sammartino route, but it’d be ace to give him a moment in the sun before dropping it to Bryan a few weeks later. It’s not real, so give a good bloke a good moment.

It's nice to see something a bit different. Also, Kofi has been there ages, is a solid hand and entertaining so it's not that difficult for a crowd to want to support him getting a push when he's actually made to stand out and to look good. It's what they do now that's important. They need to keep some buzz about him, keep him floating around a similar level so if he's not in your Mania main event plans, have him as someone you can slot in there that doesn't look like he has fuck all chance of winning. Him vs Bryan at Mania could be great and that crowd would go apeshit if he won.

• Awards Moderator

Loved the main event. Don’t know if I completely believed Kofi would win at any point, but I really really wanted him to. If they can keep the crowds hot for him I’d happily have him in the title match for Mania. If they don’t, he’s at least had a hell of a career highlight this week - it’ll be remembered whether he ends up champion or not.

I thought it was a pretty good show really, helped by the fact it was only just over 3 hours.

The Chamber matches were both very good, the women's one was really well booked and the men's one had the brilliant Bryan/Kofi sequence at the end. I wouldn't derail any Mania plans over this Kofi thing personally but I definitely wouldn't mind if they continue it at Fastlane. 

The rest of it was more angle driven than anything really, but liked Balor winning the IC Title, thought the Becky/Rousey/Charlotte segment was great despite Ronda unexpectedly squashing Ruby Riott and if the trio of Corbin/McIntyre/Lashley needs matches at Mania then I'd much rather stick them in a six-man than in anything too important to be honest. 

Archived