Elimination Chamber is tomorrow

HarmonicGenerator

• Awards Moderator

Should there be a thread about it?

I don’t know much of the card, but the two Chamber matches are the Women’s Tag Team Titles, and the WWE Title, which is Bryan, Styles, Orton, Hardy, Joe and Kofi and should be bloody good.

Any other matches to be looking out for tomorrow or is it a ‘skip to the main event’ sort of show?

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It doesn't look too bad a show. The chamber matches should be fun and take up a big chunk of the show, but Ronda v Ruby and the Murphy/Tozawa cruiserweight title (that'll probably be on the pre show, mind)  both sound good too.

Rest looks pretty skippable although Lashley & Lio Rush v Balor handicap sounds intriguing

• Paid Members

The women's tag title elimination chamber match has the potential to be a total disaster. At best, it might escape having been somewhat reasonable. It looks to be the worst elimination chamber lineup that there has been. 

The men's match however, looks fantastic. It could easily be a main roster match of the year contender. There's some uncertainty there as well as there doesn't appear to be an obvious direction for WrestleMania when it comes to the WWE title picture. 

It's a one match show, but that one match, at least on paper, looks worth going out of your way to see. 

• Paid Members

Yeah, for a match that they want to be historicaly significant, they've filled that Women's Tag Title match with a right bunch of shitarses. Billie Kay shouldn't have even been employed after her performance the other week on Smackdown, the idea of putting her in an Elimination Chamber match with other terrible workers like Nia Jax, Tamina and Carmella is a recipe for serious injury, nevermind just a bad match.

Braun Strowman vs. Baron Corbin and Finn Balor vs. Lashley and Lio Rush. Two matches that wouldn't look appealing on a 1995 New Generation-era house show card.

I'm excited for the Elimination Chamber matches and maybe Rousey vs. Riott. 

• Paid Members

Prediction/Fantasy Booking - Becky Lynch steals a page out of Edge's playbook, beats up the Iconics during their entrance and takes their place in the pod. Goes on to win the Tag Titles single handedly. Holds the belts ransom to get her Mania spot back.

It kills a number of birds with one stone. It makes the Tag Titles mean something. I mean honestly, does anyone really care right now? I couldn't give less of a shit about them or this match. Secondly, it stops Billie Kay from injuring either herself or someone else. And it also goes some way of rehabbing Becky after the rubbish they scripted for her last Monday. 

• Paid Members

You I've seen a lot of people describe the reaction to Monday's show as fans complaining because they didn't get what they want, which I think is unfair. As always, there's some of that, but to make that blanket statement completely undersells how inconsistent it was with the Becky Lynch character they've presented for the past six to eight months. Shit, inconsistent writing shouldn't get a pass just because it's pro-wrestling and you can go  "LOL, triggered fans are getting worked~!"

It reminded me of when they had Becky hug Charlotte after picking her as her replacement at Survivor Series. A stupid, awkward mis-step that they'll almost certainly pretend never happened when they realise their mistake. I felt like she really cooled off after that hug and only truly got back on track when she won the Rumble. Let's hope that doesn't happen again here.

But yeah - The Man as the Tag Team Champion. Bosh. Much better that than fucking Nia and Tamina, or worse still Bayley and Sasha continuing their multiple-year-long break-up teases.

• Paid Members

I think to call it inconsistent is unfair. If it WAS Steve Austin, then yes, it would be massively out of character. But it wasn't for Becky and you've already pointed to a reason why. She's not completely one dimensional. She's also still a hoot on social media, a good promo and massively popular so she'll be absolutely fine when she next turns up to cause havoc.

Them "working" the fans is due to the tease if Charlotte being involved. They did the Becky apology angle to build drama in showing just how much Mania means to her, to the point where she'd offer an apology when she really, really, really didn't wanna right before Vince took it away from her. That should be huge heat. In fairness to her, Charlotte ran with the ball on Tuesday.

Archived