Lock up your daughters, Ricc1PW is on the prowl!

Ricc1PW

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 hours ago, Ricc1PW said:

so...I totally took the cop out option, because I'm a huge wuss, and couldn't face rejection to my face in front of lots of customers... I gave her a card with my name and number in it at lunch time. d'oh.

What type of card are we talking here? A business card? A valentines card? 

I mean business card you look a bit pretentious but if it was a valentiens card she might think your are just two kids inside a big coat. 

• Paid Members
6 hours ago, Ricc1PW said:

so...I totally took the cop out option, because I'm a huge wuss, and couldn't face rejection to my face in front of lots of customers... I gave her a card with my name and number in it at lunch time. d'oh.

What did she do? Or did you just bung it at her, turned and ran before she had a chance to react?

WIll Ricc end up spending out far too much on romantic gestures like importing 100 expensive perfumes each date to get the girl and then be bankrupt before the relationship really gets going? Who from the UKFF is going to step in after that and generally make the situation worse? I'll wait till the James Dixon book comes out for the inside details.

• Moderators

We need an update from  @Ricc1PW here. I am guessing you haven't heard anything and I know it's embarrassing. However, as much as we're all having a laugh about it, many of us have been in the same boat before and have done similar things. I know I definitely have. Share the details on how it all went down and the fallout please! You'll feel better for it and will probably be able to laugh at it yourself eventually.

26 minutes ago, Chest Rockwell said:

We need an update from  @Ricc1PW here. I am guessing you haven't heard anything and I know it's embarrassing. However, as much as we're all having a laugh about it, many of us have been in the same boat before and have done similar things. I know I definitely have. Share the details on how it all went down and the fallout please! You'll feel better for it and will probably be able to laugh at it yourself eventually.

Heh, I deserve the jokes at my expense, it was a proper pathetic thing to do, really.

I haven't heard anything, shockingly enough. I gave her it as she was making a wrap for someone, she looked a bit baffled, to be honest, but said thank you and took it. she hadn't looked at it by the time I'd got my own order and left.

I think I must have written my number down wrong, its the only possible explanation.

• Paid Members

Around ten years ago, I fancied this gal who worked at my local Tesco. I had just moved into the area and we started chatting at the till when she noticed all my festival wristbands and the like, and after that we'd always have a chinwag whenever I popped in to grab lunch before work.

This carried on for a month or so before I summoned up the courage to ask her out for a drink. I knew she was going to the Download festival in a few weeks, and so was I, and I thought, "Hey! That perfect! I'll ask if she fancies meeting up at the festival!". Bang on. 

I grabbed my meal deal, headed for the tills, started chatting to her about the upcoming fest, and mentioned causally that we should try and meet up and catch a few bands. She was up for the idea. Brilliant, I thought. At that point I should've just asked to add her on FB or MSN and left with my head held high and my long hair blowing in the breeze.

But no.

"How will I find you?" she asked. Around that time, I was one of those fucking bellends who would occasionally don a morphsuit on nights out and to festivals. I'm not going to pretend that it wasn't fun, but it's real cringe stuff when I think about it now.

"I'll be wearing a morphsuit!" I exclaimed, loudly and proudly.

"A fucking what??".

"It's a skin tight suit that covers your entire body! It's a great laugh!".

Before she even had a chance to recoil in horror, I all ready had my phone out to show her photos of myself clad in this monstrosity. And trust me, these suits left nothing to the imagination.

She swung by the tills and out to the shop floor after glancing at my junk, tightly squeezed into a green mess where the Frank is well below the Beans, and she swiftly made her stuttered goodbyes and excuses before heading to the back.

2009 me needs a real stern talking to. Unbelievable. Ricc's approach was infinitely more sensible than mine.

Archived