Bellator 216: MVP vs Daley - Feb 16

wandshogun09

Who wins and how?   

7 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

7 hours ago, wandshogun09 said:

I like this rematch thing Cro Cop’s got going now. Mauro said he’s 7-0 in rematches.

Be careful. We might get Cro Cop vs Kongo 2. 

Kharitonov has floated the idea of fighting Fedor "if Fedor gets a few wins under his belt". I would be up for any variation of Fedor, Cro Cop and Kharitonov. Of course, Fedor vs Cro Cop 2 would be the ideal fight. Not sure what Fedor's status is with Bellator though. 

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members

well, neither Bellator show really delivered over the 2 days which was a bit of a shame given the lineups.

MVP/Daley was good but it wasnt fought with with the kind of violent intent you'd have expected and i dont think anyone outside of Douglas Lima expected that gameplan from Daley. It had to have been intentional, i think the first round (which ended up costing him the fight) was an intentional ploy to make MVP come forward to open him up to the takedowns. Daley fought really smart, he just allowed MVP to steal rounds by doing more damage when he had time on top and let MVP finish on top to end rounds 3 and 5. I scored it 48-47 for MVP.

Theres obviously a clear path to victory against MVP and you'd expect a monster WW like Lima to pull it off. Still, hes so unique that he can cause issue for anyone who freezes or plays into his style. Theres gonna be many more frustrating nights watching MVP.

Scott Coker on Emelianenko vs. Cro Cop II:

Coker spoke to reporters following Bellator 216. When the possibility of a rematch between Emelianenko and Cro Cop was mentioned, Coker had the following to say (via MMAJunkie.com):

“I always said if (Emelianenko) wanted to do one in Russia or fight one in Japan before he moved on and retired, I think that would be something that would be a lot of fun to do for us. And especially if he wanted to do it in Moscow. I know Mirko wants to avenge that fight; his management has asked me repeatedly about it. But it’s something I have to talk to Fedor about.”

Fingers crossed that Fedor is interested. I wouldn't mind it being held at Saitima Super Arena for the nostalgia factor. 

• Paid Members

A Bellator/Rizin cross promoted fight on NYE between Fedor and Crocop on NYE would be great.

I still rate Crocop, he's slowed down but he fought well against Nelson. He looked strong and did great work on the inside. Feels like he's modified his style to be more economical.

• Paid Members
On 2/17/2019 at 11:16 AM, wandshogun09 said:

Kongo vs Minakov 2 was cack as well. And in fairness, for once it wasn’t so much Kongo. Thought Minakov looked awful here. I haven’t seen a ton of him but what I had seen previously was impressive. Can probably chalk it up to his year-plus lay-off though. Fair play to Kongo. He’s not much fun to watch but he gets it done. A Bader vs Kongo title fight isn’t doing it for me but it’s the fight that should probably happen now. Don’t think anyone’s going to be clamouring for Kongo vs Minakov 3 anytime soon. 

yeh it was a shocker. Minakov was trying to make something of it but Kongo was so negative it was tough to watch. Though Minakov gassed and looked sloppy, i fail to see how you Kongo took that decision. Kongo continues to be one of the more frustrating heavyweights in MMA. Again, when he did pull the trigger he looked like a beast, he just fails to do so for 90% of a fight.

So... having been happily following Bellator for a couple of years on Channel 5, it quietly has disappeared.  Is that all over then?  Is it Sky Sports exclusive?  Balls.

Archived