Was Will Smith ever any good?

Bellenda Carlisle

Was Will Smith ever good?  

80 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Wild Wild West is decent fun, sort of film that I'd watch it if it's on but won't go out of my way to see.

Its the oddest film ever. Its so all over the place. God knows what Brannagh was doing in it.

I,Robot - I had utterly forgotten about that film. Solid enough. Shocked they never did another

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members

Will did one song where he was going to Miami, then shortly thereafter another where he was going (straight to) the Wild Wild West. "This fucker's never home" was my thought at the time.

• Paid Members
35 minutes ago, Otto Dem Wanz said:

People in here are seriously criticising Will2K? Sampling Rock the Casbah for a hip hop new year's anthem is fucking genius.

Rock The Casbah, the famous New Years Rock song is it? The whole song is a mess from the lyrics to the sample. awful at the time, awful now. He has sampled many songs and done good, but that is just pure garbage

• Paid Members
1 hour ago, Chest Rockwell said:

I hadn't heard it for a long time so I went and listened to it now. An unmitigated banger. Perfectly captures the uncertainty and cautious promise of the y2k zeitgeist. It should be considered a cultural artifact  Relic of the turn of the millennium.

Fixed.

Joking aside, I am glad people can enjoy it. It just does nothing for me. Diddy sampled Led Zepplin the previous year with a better end result in my opinon. Which is what is great about us all having different opinons.

Anyway, Bad Boys 3 is next for Big Will. Does anyone care for a sequel to a franchise which has only been good at best 18 or so years after the last one?

• Paid Members
3 hours ago, Otto Dem Wanz said:

People in here are seriously criticising Will2K? Sampling Rock the Casbah for a hip hop new year's anthem is fucking genius.

I like that he doesn't swear. He has some good tracks and some nice wordplay, but because he's not all about biznitches, the n-word, violence and drugs people don't give it a listen.

• Paid Members
1 hour ago, jazzygeofferz said:

I like that he doesn't swear. He has some good tracks and some nice wordplay, but because he's not all about biznitches, the n-word, violence and drugs people don't give it a listen.

What are you talking about? He was still massively popular into the early 00's musically and the general concencous here is that he has made some bangers!

And Will2K

• Paid Members

He was, he's sold loads, but is looked upon as something of a joke by "proper" rap fans. This is a cracker.  He invented horrorcore.

• Paid Members

Summertime was originally written for Rakim, but he turned it down and Will got it. It's a fine tune. 

Archived