Was Will Smith ever any good?

Bellenda Carlisle

Was Will Smith ever good?  

80 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members
48 minutes ago, gmoney said:

Fresh Prince of Bel-Air

30% of his music

Men in Black (First one)

Enemy of the State 

Bad Boys 2

They're all good to great. Not a bad haul, but there is a lot of other stuff he's done and it's all pap to pish. 

Bad Boys 2 is dire, it just never seems to end. I remember thinking it must be nearly over then they all went on a trip to Cuba! I get the feeling it started off as a decently written generic film and then Martin Lawrence refused to take his dressing gown off or leave his trailer unless they added in a load of shit for him to do.

Enemy of the State is quality though...but that's mainly because of Gene Hackman.

Edit: Think it was Astro that said he's just waiting for Will Smith to be outed as a lunatic, based on some of the weird shit he's come out with 

• Paid Members
1 hour ago, Factotum said:

A combination of pushing his weird kids and the fact that he cannot pick a decent film to be in have really diluted him. The Scientology shit also left a stink. Its weird because Will comes across as a genuinely nice bloke, but the rest of his family seem batshit and far removed from him (or at least the public persona of Will Smith)

It seemed that around Ali time he really could push on into great actor territory, but he's made some awful missteps. He certainly can act, but he really needs a good role and soon.

Jaden smith, as worn at Kim Kardashian's wedding to Kanye West.

artworks-000228511690-r55441-t500x500.jp

• Paid Members
58 minutes ago, Devon Malcolm said:

He's done the odd good thing. I never thought Fresh Prince was any good at all and I think I only watched it for Hilary.

https://www.londoncomicconspring.com/index.php/guests/film-tv-guests/item/89-karyn-parsons

For only £15 you can finally achieve your dream and meet her next month to personally tell her you used to wank thinking of her (photo of you with Hilary and Geoffrey together also available). 

• Paid Members
16 minutes ago, Bellenda Carlisle said:

https://www.londoncomicconspring.com/index.php/guests/film-tv-guests/item/89-karyn-parsons

For only £15 you can finally achieve your dream and meet her next month to personally tell her you used to wank thinking of her (photo of you with Hilary and Geoffrey together also available). 

Blimey, for £25 you can meet Eddie Marsden. He's only there on the Saturday, probably because he has a dinner party that night.

I agree that on talk shows he seems like a decent bloke. But I can't remember the last time I saw him act and thought he was any good. Fresh Prince is proper overatted.It's similar to Friends in that time has not been kind to it. Maybe it would have been different if he hadn't turned down Django Unchained. And whoever said Will 2K is a banger needs to give their head a wobble.

Sample Lyric : What's gonna happen?
Don't nobody know
We'll see when the clock gets to 12-0-0

Trash

• Paid Members
33 minutes ago, Hannibal Scorch said:

And whoever said Will 2K is a banger needs to give their head a wobble.

Sample Lyric : What's gonna happen?
Don't nobody know
We'll see when the clock gets to 12-0-0

Trash

You can stroke your chin listening to your Bob Dylan and your Math Rock, I'll be at the club dancing to my man big Will and K-Ci. 

• Moderators
30 minutes ago, Hannibal Scorch said:

Fresh Prince is proper overatted.It's similar to Friends in that time has not been kind to it.

Maybe it would have been different if he hadn't turned down Django Unchained. 

That's just patently nonsense. Friends is still as good as it ever was and there's only a few awkward bits that haven't dated well.

And all that would have happened with your latter point is that Django would have been a much worse film. 

You're really consistently almost on the right side of an argument and always for the wrong reasons, soapdish. I know opinions are subjective and all but... damn if you don't give that notion a run for its money.

He's one of the biggest stars of that era of shit blockbusters. Bags of charisma made up for his lack of acting chops but he has a few good bits as well.

As far as his serious stuff that Six Degrees of Separation was alright and I've never seen Ali but wasn't he meant to be good in that?

Will Smith made them change the ending of I Am Legend from how it was in the book so he gets a thumbs down in my book. Seven Pounds was also one of the worst films I've ever seen but then again when I was 13 Big Willie Style was my absolute jam and I'll happily admit that a couple of years ago I drove through Miami rapping along to every word.

I can't think if a single one of his films that I would happily sit through and watch. Fresh Prince will always hold a place in my heart and I still enjoy watching the re-runs on Comedy Central but more so for characters aside from Will (Carlton and Geoffrey).

His music is pants. I did love Boom Shake the Room in the early 90's but I was still in primary school and had no real taste.

His kids seem like typical 'I'm misunderstood and special' Hollywood brats.

Archived