Butch's Greatest Moments in Television History

PowerButchi

• Moderators

In no real order. Anyway.

#1 - GRAB THE COMB (Beyond Scared Straight)

Beyond Scared Straight is a truly wonderful programme in which American delinquent and generally bad 'un Children are sent to prison to have people up for murder and stuff shout, scream in their faces, and generally threaten iuntil they become upstanding members of society. While I'm not quite sure of the effectiveness of such a scheme it makes for truly A-Grade Television. The finest example being here. A White Supremacist wanker teen gets the honour of meeting what appears to be Isaac Hayes. And Shaft has a massive mate too. Sit back and enjoy, as Nazi boy gets to Grab The Comb.

8 hours ago, Bellenda Carlisle said:

This sort of thing is on TV frequently as Troubled Teens: Jail shock. It has amazing moments all the time. I love it. The best moment ever was when one of the previous teens was now a prisoner on a later episode, that was something else.

Yes! I remember that episode - the kid was a dick to his mother and beat her up. He was looking at a 25 year sentence and ended up being a submissive in the slammer as it was the only way he was going to survive. Him talking to the kids was one of the realist, most upsetting things I've seen in years.

• Moderators

I'll have to use a different Late Late Breakfast one now.

#3 SANTA POD IN A JENSEN (The Late, Late, Breakfast Show)

Before killing Michael Lush, Noel Edmonds was responsible for nearly killing a driver, John Peel and dozens of onlookers as he had a stupid stunt challenge in the pissing down rain at Santa Pod. Not happy with the run prior to the Jensen's flight, which nearly ended in tragedy careering into the siding nearly twatting John Peel they kept on with it. And some poor fuck lost control on the ramp and landed on top of his noggin in one of the scariest crashes I've ever seen. Indeed, this is what Peel and Edmonds fell out about. Highlight being the end when sombre Noel watches the disaster footage on his 14" portable at the end as the Spandau Ballet penned theme tune plays.

• Moderators

BUTCH BONUS - KPM RECORDS

Ronnie Hazlehurst is lauded, and rightly so. The theme from Sorry is one of the finest of all time, but there's people that go above and beyond on TV to bring us great music. Mainly under the KPM label. It's mainly incidental, but amazing anyway. Pat Mustard/Tarrant on TV - A brahma of a tune by a fella called Syd Dale named Penthouse Suite. Superstars? Brian Jacks squatting for life? Or even Monday Night NFL? Johnny Pearson - Heavy Action. Remember shiteing yourself at the immediacy of the News At Ten theme? The Reckoning - Johnny Pearson. Alan Hawkshaw? What hasn't he given to the world of television music. Channel 4 Racing? Variations by Alan Hawkshaw. Channel 4 News? Best Endeavours by Alan Hawkshaw. Grange Hill? Chicken Man by Alan Hawkshaw with a variation on that for the first series of Give Us a Clue. During Boring in the Young Ones and the music over the test card? Bluebird by Alan Hawkshaw.

And there's a fourth Horseman. Keith Mansfield behind this tune...

ACTAULLY DON'T BOTHER.

Let's hear the KPM allstars do it together properly live with a pop to rival Davey Boy Smith at Wembley 92.

But yeah, check out KPM libraries on Spotify and Deezer. Television owes them a shitload. Pretty much the majority of music on UK TV during 60's-90's is from their fair hands, I mean, does any tune say gritty 1970's cop show theme more than this by Alan Hawkshaw?

• Moderators

#4 Nigel Klopp (Eastenders)

Possibly the finest storyline in the history of the inferior soap. It has it all, Alan Jackson, Ricky borrowing his doleite uncle's boots, Big Ron saving with his chest (which probably killed him down the road), Sanjay "GEEEETA" Surname, Winston from the market getting to speak, David Wicks being the arsehole he always  is, them wearing the same kit as Rhosymedre Junior School did at the time (I had a free role), Mark can't go on the pitch as he has the lurgy,  Robbie Jackson skinning 2 players and placing it past the keeper, and lashings of Eastenders' finest character Nigel "Mrs C" Bates. People say Eastenders was best in the 80's. I call bollocks. It's golden era was the early 90s, and the formation of the Queen Vic FC from 95 or so is one of the warmest stories they ever had.

2 hours ago, Onyx2 said:

I've been mainlining a ton of KPM lately. On their website you can stream loads of it, with all the intriguing made up genres you can think of. 

https://www.apmmusic.com/libraries/kpm-kpm

The entire KPM discography has been digitised and they've all been made available to stream, download and licence. Over 30,000 recordings: https://www.emipm.com/en/browse/labels/KPM

I've got a few KPM library records at home and they're great. The hip hop world owes a lot to them too as they are a gold mine of samples for producers. Especially the KPM 1000 series they did. https://www.whosampled.com/the-influence-of-kpm/

They've created a Spotify playlist of songs that sampled KPM tracks along side the original that it was sampled from https://open.spotify.com/playlist/1O1V71PNrLutjdO1NgKx5g

• Moderators
3 hours ago, Frankie Crisp said:

Why the fucking hell didn’t you start with this, @PowerButchi?

30F85223-C8C2-4A43-8647-4E32C844C6C0.MOV

Doesn't work. I'm hoping it involves a child finding an expired avian being on the grounds of their place of learning though.

Archived