Which was better - WWECW or ECW

Devon Malcolm

WWECW or ECW  

104 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Paid Members

True. As somebody else said up there the worst bit of WWECW was that it had ECW in the name and would constantly draw comparisons. It did have its moments. EVW had a heck of a lot  of dross as well. It would have been interesting  to see how the "third brand" would  have continued had Vince been able to just let Heyman get on with it, likewise his time booking Smackdown. It was a good launchpad for some people that went on to do great things on the other shows, as was ECW at its peak.

One Night Stand was pretty special as well. The first one.

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members
11 minutes ago, Devon Malcolm said:

This is the most useless and reductive, and also predictable, post that anyone could make in here. ECW also gave us New Jack stabbing a fat lad, WWECW had a cracking tag match at Wrestlemania. And so on.

Are you mixing up matches there? The one at 'Mania 23 was rushed and drab, whereas the rematch on the next episode of ECW was brilliant.

• Paid Members

I liked the one where Elijah Burke stuffed Sabu through a table with the Elijah Express as well but the Wrestlemania match was a cracking little effort considering the time restraint.

• Paid Members
1 hour ago, PowerButchi said:

WWECW was the best wrestling show on TV for absolutes ages. Henrys run as champ, Christian's fantastoc run as an all-star style ace, Regal leaving people's arms hanging off, Goldust doing what Goldust does best, Dreamer's last chance. Just a wonderfully consistent hour of top wrestling, week in week out.

Never change, Butchi. Will never agree but you do make me smile.

• Paid Members

WWECW was, when it got into its stride, a solid hour of back-to-basics wrestling booking. But for everything it did well, there was the Abraham Washington Show, Tiffany as GM, Braden Walker, Extreme Expose, and a revolving door of absolutely forgettable scrubs. It scores points early on for Sabu turning back time and having some of the best matches of his career during his WWE run, though.

ECW has aged badly, but when they got it right, they really got it. I could watch Dreamer vs. Lawler any day of the week.

• Moderators

Tiffany as GM was awesome. I mean, not for the right reasons, but it was awesome. Also Abraham Washington gave is Tony Atlas as Hank Kingsley. Just good high camp fun. Something wrestling always lacks.

• Paid Members

Sadly, I'd got my hopes up that ECW would be treated properly and Paul Heyman would be allowed to run the show as he wished. So after a few weeks of realising it was going to be shite, I could never forgive the product after that.

It never felt right being filmed in a big arena in front of a typical Raw/Smackdown crowd, which is ironic seeing what NXT ended up being.

Agree it should be called something else if their intention never was to honour the name.

Archived