Liam Neeson says some mad shit

Keith Houchen

• Moderators
4 hours ago, Brewster McCloud said:

What influence does Roseanne Barr have? She called someone a "monkey" on Twitter, which, however stupid, she had a right to do. She lost her TV show as a result, ridiculously. Were people donning white hoods after reading her tweet? She said sorry afterwards, but apparently an apology has to be worded in a certain way to work now to please the mob. It's very strange and a little sad. 

Just seen this. Lol. Roseanne is a loudmouth dickhead based on numerous comments, not just on that one. Why would anyone have to take her shit apology in good faith and not form their own opinion on her character based on the mountains of material and context available to work with? The network running the show are well within their rights to can it if they don't want an idiot like her associated with them. She doesn't have any right to a tv show.

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply
11 hours ago, Chest Rockwell said:

Just seen this. Lol. Roseanne is a loudmouth dickhead based on numerous comments, not just on that one. Why would anyone have to take her shit apology in good faith and not form their own opinion on her character based on the mountains of material and context available to work with? The network running the show are well within their rights to can it if they don't want an idiot like her associated with them. She doesn't have any right to a tv show.

She seemed pretty contrite to me, but I wasn't the one she was apologising to so I didn't pay it much heed, admittedly. What she tweeted was actually worse than what Neeson said, as there was a victim involved. Not that I care that much about the programme being cancelled, but it seemed to be punishing a lot of people for an unpleasant remark that didn't kill anyone. I didn't suggest anyone has a "right" to a TV show. Lol.

• 3 weeks later...

Archived