Woah Woah WrestleMania - Dis-cussion thread - pump it up, pump it up. *HOF spoilers*

IANdrewDiceClay

Or keeping Ambrose on the evil side and a short Ambrose vs Reigns match to end Ambrose in WWE? I can't see Reigns doing a 20 minute, big singles match but a spot in a multi-man or a short squash with someone and who better than the guy who's already out the door...

Wonder how many multi man matches we're getting this year.

Can see Raw Tag, Smackdown Tag, Womans Tag, US & IC title matches all being multi man matches, aswell as some big match with Roman, Ambrose, Strowman, Lashley, Corbin etc. Aswell as the two battle royals they will no doubt do.

All a bit much really.

Edited by The King of Old School

17 minutes ago, The King of Old School said:

I just long for the days of a simple 8/9 match card, with one on the pre show.

Why everyone must appear these days is beyond me.

Because despite having very few stars, the upper card roster (including big Mania returners) is huge. There's

Triple H

Batista

Undertaker

John Cena

Becky Lynch

Ronda Rousey

Charlotte Flair

Kurt Angle

Brock Lesnar

Seth Rollins

Roman Reigns

Dean Ambrose

Braun Strowman

Asuka

Drew McIntyre

Finn Balor

Bobby Lashley

AJ Styles 

Samoa Joe

Jeff Hardy (and Matt Hardy too, now)

Shinsuke Nakamura

Daniel Bryan

The New Day

Rey Mysterio

Rusev

Elias

Kevin Owens

Sami Zayn

Shane McMahon

The Miz

Alexa Bliss

Andrade

Randy Orton

The Usos

The Bar

Mustafa Ali

That's about 35 acts or so. Now not all of the above will be contracted/healthy/available, but most of them will be. It's a lot of names to fit into only eight or nine matches, and most of them are above just being shunted into the Andre match. It will often be the case that people below this level hold some titles as well (like R-Truth at the moment, and all the tag teams on Raw), so that might add an extra match or two onto the card. Then you've got 205 Live, which looks rubbish if it doesn't even have a pre-show title match for them to work towards so that has to go on. Imagine telling - for example - Orton, Owens, Nakamura, Mysterio, Rusev, Strowman, Reigns, Ambrose, Angle and Elias that there's no room for them in anything other than the YouTube battle royal with No Way Jose, but Cedric Alexander gets a singles match. And even aside from upsetting the talent themselves, just imagine all the complaining if X gets a singles match but Y on the same level as him only gets a battle royal spot, despite having more workrates and movesets. Or if some talent are left off the show entirely, that's upsetting people who buy tickets or network subscriptions expecting to see the full roster get a run out.

Cutting it down would improve the show by far, but getting there from the current situation would be a minefield.

• Paid Members
16 hours ago, kickin it wit the kliq said:

So does Torrie Wilson being inducted into the hall of fame give more legitimacy to James Dudley and Koko B Ware

It smacks of a need to induct a woman but given the way women were (not) given any prominence in days gone by, the pool is pretty shallow. I wonder who'll be next year, one of the Federettes?

Edited by garynysmon

• Paid Members

In all seriousness, Leilani Kai was one of the few in-ring performers to compete at WM1 and WM10 (the only one I can think of, unless you count Howard Finkel). More of a reason than most I'd imagine.

Edited by garynysmon

I might be missing a previous post but I count 16 people still actively or semi-actively wrestling for WWE right now from WM25. 9 regularly and another 6 part time. Of the 9 Part timers 4 have been employed constantly and all the part times except the Bella twins have been under contract the whole time. I thought about comparing WM5, 15 and 25 but even just off the top of my head the changes are much bigger. 

Active Roster

Randy Orton

Rey Mysterio

Matt Hardy

Jeff Hardy

Mickie James

Natalya

Kofi Kingston

Shelton Benjamin

the Miz

Part Time

Triple H

John Cena

The Undertaker

Kane

Big Show

Brie Bella

Nikki Bella

Will the World Title match at Mania be just Bryan vs. Kofi or would Owens be added in another possible triple threat or do we get a The New Day vs. Owens, Rowan and Bryan?

Also, I kinda like the idea of Samoa Joe vs Big Match John for the US Title.

• Paid Members

I think they're going to copy what TNA did with Bobby Roode that time when everybody assumed he was winning the title, so Becky will lose and then Bayley will win it the next night on Raw.

13 hours ago, CL Punk said:

Will the World Title match at Mania be just Bryan vs. Kofi or would Owens be added in another possible triple threat or do we get a The New Day vs. Owens, Rowan and Bryan?

Also, I kinda like the idea of Samoa Joe vs Big Match John for the US Title.

Can you imagine the hissyfit if the WWE Champion ends being in a 6 Man Tag match. Granted, the belt wasn’t defended at Wrestlemania 1, but it has been featured at the 33 other Wrestlemanias so far.

Unless your saying to have Daniel Bryan drop the belt to someone else entirely beforehand?

In other news, we’re all off to Tampa Bay next year for Wrestlemania 36

Edited by WyattSheepMask

On 3/6/2019 at 9:17 AM, simonworden said:

I might be missing a previous post but I count 16 people still actively or semi-actively wrestling for WWE right now from WM25. 9 regularly and another 6 part time. Of the 9 Part timers 4 have been employed constantly and all the part times except the Bella twins have been under contract the whole time. I thought about comparing WM5, 15 and 25 but even just off the top of my head the changes are much bigger. 

Active Roster

Randy Orton

Rey Mysterio

Matt Hardy

Jeff Hardy

Mickie James

Natalya

Kofi Kingston

Shelton Benjamin

the Miz

Part Time

Triple H

John Cena

The Undertaker

Kane

Big Show

Brie Bella

Nikki Bella

The only ones at 5 and 15 were Owen Hart and Big boss Man. Shawn Micheals was at 5 and 25 but no one did all 3