Woah Woah WrestleMania - Dis-cussion thread - pump it up, pump it up. *HOF spoilers*

IANdrewDiceClay

• Paid Members

He'll probably completely forget that if it meant he becomes the champ though..

They could do a similar scenario to Brock/Eddie.. have Kofi beat the champ.. Bryan goes on to face Bray in a Rowan and Harper on a pole match.. and Kofi faces the veteran Orton who cant take him seriously as a champion.

• Replies 589
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Awards Moderator
4 minutes ago, Murtz said:

He'll probably completely forget that if it meant he becomes the champ though..

They could do a similar scenario to Brock/Eddie.. have Kofi beat the champ.. Bryan goes on to face Bray in a Rowan and Harper on a pole match.. and Kofi faces the veteran Orton who cant take him seriously as a champion.

Randy Orton, who had a serious, months-long feud over the title with Jinder Mahal wouldnt take Kofi seriously as a champion? I’m all for suspension of disbelief but that’s going too far!

2 hours ago, Supremo said:

I think they're going to use this newfound momentum to break up the New Day. I'm expecting Big E, Xavier or both of them to cost Kofi the Title.

Unfortunately though, like with everyone else they break up, I don't think they have any idea what the long-term plan is. They'll just break them up and then all three will flounder before eventually reuniting in a year or two. Maybe a New Day Triple Threat at Mania?

If they do break them up it'll be for a Big E heel push only in my opinion, Big E vs Kofi with Xavier as special guest referee maybe. I don't think they will do though, fans still like them and I imagine they sell a decent amount of merch, more than each will individually.

If/when the New Day end Xavier for sure will get lost in shuffle as a single's competitor and will likely do nothing. There's potential for Big E but as you say they won't have a long-term plan for him and probably turn him back to a comedy mid-carder or put them back together eventually.

Would it be tricky to have Kofi as champ but keep the New Day together? Has there ever been an angle where the friends stay friends and actually support each other's success? Day are too good together to split, but Kofi has a ton of goodwill, talent and history that could be a great feelgood Mania moment.

• Paid Members

I definitely don't think it would be tricky for a short run, but even with a lengthy run for any one of them I think New Day would be an incredibly well-suited group to do that with.

Their whole ethos has always been about positivity, supporting & building up others, with a discernible undertone that because they are a minority group it's even more important for them to do that. Although in the early days Xavier almost acted as a manager, over recent years we've seen all 3 combinations compete in the big matches on the big shows, and IIRC they've never even hinted at any dissention over that, except possibly the odd snide remark from a heel announcer that was shouted down.

Of course, they could work things like that in eventually if they chose, but Kofi with the big belt & the others doing tags could work for as long as they wanted it to, IMO.

This is what I’d go with...

Raw women’s title - Rousey vs Charlotte vs Becky

Universal - Rollins vs Lesnar 

WWE title - Cena vs Bryan

Elias duet with The Rock

New Day vs Evolution

IC - Bálor vs Lashley (Demon return after Lashley absolutely clatters him at Fastlane or something)

SD tag - Usos vs Shane/Miz vs Bar vs Good Brothers - maybe a tables match

US title - ladder - AJ vs Hardy vs Rusev vs Nakamura vs Rey vs Andrade vs Ali vs Joe

Braun vs McIntyre

womens tag - Bayley & Sasha vs Lita & Trish

Kickoff:

Andre battle royal 

Asuka defends SD women’s title in battle royal

Raw tag titles - Revival vs Ryder/Hawkins

Cruiserweight title match

I'm not convinced that when they announced Charlotte against Ronda that they were actually set on making it a triple threat. Feels like it was an added wrinkle to keep the story going. Now though they might as well go with it. 

I'd rather a heel team won the tag belts if they're going with a Lita/Trish team as challengers. 

Shane should be revealed as the father of Maryse's baby. It'd the Attitude whiners something to think about and it'd be a nice healthy dose of silliness that they need if they're insistent on having McMahons all over tv again. Miz might be an infinitely better opponent for Shane than AJ Styles was that time but Shane is RVD circa 2003 level of boring now. You know you're going to see the same 3 crazy "innovative" spots each match inbetween crappy strikes. Just mat him shuffle in, chuck him off the set and get it over with. 

Rollings against Lesnar still feel like Reigns vs. Lesnar the straight to VHS sequel with a different actor in the main role. They'll have Seth win too. 

They really should give Cena something meaningful this year. Chasing that one more title reign would be perfect. 

I'm still expecting a surprise Undertaker appearance, even if it comes last minute when Vince panic calls him. 

At the moment it's a one match, two women show. Kinda hope they embrace that, keep the card short so that the crowd aren't burned out for the only match anyone wants to see and let them close the show. Big fuck off cut outs of Ronda, Becky and Charlotte towering over everything else from the entrance way. Montages, cut always to their locker rooms, celebrity interviews in between every other short match. 

• Paid Members

Honestly, if it's genuinely going to be 'Taker's last ever match this time, I wouldn't mind them ending it all on a profoundly silly Undertaker/Kane match and letting them both go out together.

Now you've said that, though, I wonder if part of the reason Prichard is back is for leverage with Undertaker - are they still particularly close?

• Paid Members

There was an episode of the podcast not too long ago where Prichard mentioned texting Taker & Taker texting right back (when a taxi driver, knowing Bruce was involved in wrestling but not really knowing who he was, claimed to be Taker's son) so they're at least close enough for that.

So what do we think Roman is doing at Wrestlemania then?

Big singles match? Multi man match with Dean, Strowman and co?

In Seth's corner against Brock?

I would have liked them to have kept Ambrose heel and for them to have a one on one match but that's unlikely I think now, I think they will go down the route of some sort of war with Corbin, Lashley etc.

• Paid Members

A street fight with Roman, Strowman, Ambrose and Cena? Vs Corbin, Lashley, McIntyre and Elias. 

I'm only adding Cena there based on Elias being with the heel group on Monday. If Elias is doing a sing off with The Rock like seems to have been the rumour since the dawn of time, then Cena pops out of that equation. 

Having said that, the six man looks just as likely to happen at Fast Lane, and I don't see WWE doing a repeat of it at Mania. It'll depend if they hold off on rushing to it for FastLane, or if Vince and co want to give it some time to breathe in order to align Strowman and Ambrose up with Reigns. 

Archived