Sign in to follow this  
IANdrewDiceClay

Woah Woah WrestleMania - Dis-cussion thread - pump it up, pump it up. *HOF spoilers*

45 minutes ago, David said:

Not a big name as such, but does anyone know why Rick Martel hasn't been inducted? It seems like every fucker and their dog from his generation are in, and they're now moving on to more recent eras.

I don't think he has any beef with Vince, does he? He's always seemed such a respectful type of guy.

Vince is jealous that Rick Martel is so much more handsome than him. 

1 hour ago, David said:

Not a big name as such, but does anyone know why Rick Martel hasn't been inducted? It seems like every fucker and their dog from his generation are in, and they're now moving on to more recent eras.

I don't think he has any beef with Vince, does he? He's always seemed such a respectful type of guy.

Bruce Prichard said Vince loved the Martel character and thought he might have one more run in around 10 or so years ago. He reckons he will be in.

I reckon WWE is trying to get all the queue formed outside deaths door like Hall,Roberts and Sunny in. Probably taking the chance that Martel will still be around in 10.

Edited by Fox Piss

I think its safe to assume that Miz and Shane will be doing something, but outside of the two aforementioned matches there is really no clue. Which given they went on and on about 'long-term storyline development' when they split the brands is ridiculous.

Miz & Shane has been built up for a few months now, so that looks likely.

The Kevin Owens vignettes seems to point to him feuding with Bryan given the context.

I'm struggling to think what they will do with Cena though. If HHH is out then why not Cena/Batista, but they seem to be leaving it late for bringing in a big name like Batista.

Also, how much of a wet fart does Brock/Rollins look now. They will have to get this moving up a few gears to get a bit more interest.

They never do anything really different with Brock through so it's just going to go down the same format. Back and forth with Heyman followed by Lesnar having the odd tussle with Rollins. I can't recall them ever leaving it this late to have at least announced the WWE title match at Mania or a contenders match, perhaps they will at Fast Lane although i'd still enjoy a shock Kofi win and him dropping it back to Bryan at Mania, the story is a little different, I think the last time we had a rematch storyline was Cena and Batista in 2010 and even that wasn't quite as clear cut. 

I reckon Cena probably faces Kurt Angle. Kurt will want a big name for the retirement match and the history is there between them. 

This makes for uninspiring reading but I see the card going something like this - 

Raw women's title
Rousey v Becky v Charlotte 

Universal title
Brock Vs Seth 

WWE title
Bryan Vs Owens 

Smackdown women's title
Asuka Vs Lacey Evans 

United States title ladder match 
Rey v Almas v Kofi v Ali v Hardy v Joe 

IC title
Balor v Ricochet

Styles v Orton 

Street fight 
Miz v Shane 

Piss break 8 man tag 
Braun, Angle, Cena and Ambrose 
Vs 
Elias, McIntyre, Lashley and Corbin

Women's tag titles 
Hug and Boss Vs Trish and Lita 

Raw tag titles 
Revival v DIY

Plus DX riding out on a tank,acting like a bunch of 12 year olds and burying Rusev and Nakamura.

#pre show#

Andre Battle Royal 

The not Moolah battle royal

Cruiserweight title 
Murphy Vs Cedric Alexander

Smackdown tag titles 
Usos v New Day v Bar v Harper/Rowan

Edited by Bohan

I'd go with this i think looking at recent events...

Raw Womens - Ronda vs Becky vs Charlotte

Universal - Brock vs Seth

WWE - Bryan vs Rey Mysterio

Retirement Match - Angle vs Cena

Street Fight - Shane vs The Miz

Aj Styles vs Randy Orton

Raw vs Smackdown - Braun vs Joe

IC Title - Finn Balor vs Drew McIntyre

US Title Ladder Match - Andrade vs Nakamura vs Rusev vs Hardy vs Ali vs RTruth

Smackdown Womens - Auska vs Mandy Rose

Pre Show -

Womens Tag Title match

Andre Battle Royal

Womens Battle Royal

Cruiserweight Title

Unless he beats Bryan at Fast Lane, I can't help thinking they have to do something big with Kofi to maintain his momentum. If he goes from being lobbed into a multi-man ladder match for the US title or a tag match with New Day, it's going to undo a lot of his good work, unless he wins the Andre Battle Royal on the main card. I'm wondering if AJ vs Orton may become Kofi vs Orton (have Orton take exception to a long time mid-carder suddenly breaking through or something equally tenuous, Kofi winning a singles match vs a long established headliner would do wonders for him) and move AJ onto something that isn't facing Bryan for 112th time.

I think they're going to use this newfound momentum to break up the New Day. I'm expecting Big E, Xavier or both of them to cost Kofi the Title.

Unfortunately though, like with everyone else they break up, I don't think they have any idea what the long-term plan is. They'll just break them up and then all three will flounder before eventually reuniting in a year or two. Maybe a New Day Triple Threat at Mania?

The only reason I don’t think they’ll break up The New Day is that Kofi has explicitly said that when TND is done, he’s probably done as a wrestler.  Think it was on one of those Table for 3 things.