Sign in to follow this  
IANdrewDiceClay

Woah Woah WrestleMania - Dis-cussion thread - pump it up, pump it up. *HOF spoilers*

22 minutes ago, tiger_rick said:

I'd still go with a mega ladder match. The six guys from Sunday plus Rey, Andrade and maybe Ali. Anything to keep Mania under 5 hours.

I'd be all over that, but I've always thought a good one on one ladder match at WrestleMania for the title would both put that match back where it belongs, and give WWE another historical first. The last few singles matches have been symptomatic of their respective mid card feuds taking place around the time of TLC. For a decade now the ladder match has been a thing with loads of guys flying all over the place - taking turns to get their shit in - with about a dozen silver ladders on hand.

I'd love an old school ladder match. One ordinary size ladder, two guys, work spots and fight for control of the ladder as a weapon. 

Edited by Gay as FOOK

23 minutes ago, tiger_rick said:

I'd still go with a mega ladder match. The six guys from Sunday plus Rey, Andrade and maybe Ali. Anything to keep Mania under 5 hours.

Fuck it, have every title belt hanging above the ring and just have one 3 hour ladder match with the entire roster. Could even give it Rumble style timed entrances and you can still eliminate people from the match by lobbing them over the top rope ("...and both feet MUST touch the floor!").

Edited by Accident Prone

The Undertaker doesn't appear to be advertised for Starrcast any more, and gossip is that Vince has had him pulled - which would presumably mean he's back in the mix for Wrestlemania. 

I'm making a wacky prediction now - The Undertaker wins the WWE Championship at Wrestlemania.

3 minutes ago, BomberPat said:

I'm making a wacky prediction now - The Undertaker wins the WWE Championship at Wrestlemania.

...with Billy Gunn assigned as road agent for the match

Thinking about it, it may be that Vince has kicked up a fuss over him being advertised using the Undertaker name. 

45 minutes ago, The King of Old School said:

He's still at Starrcast I think.

He's advertising himself as "The Dead Man" now isn't he?

He's not listed on the website at all any more. 

Likely removed while they got the new graphic set up.

Taker, Sting and Flair should be the first 3 names you see on that site. You have to scroll past Scorpio Sky and Jimmy bloody Havoc to get there?

25 minutes ago, BomberPat said:

Weird - when I checked earlier, Bret Hart was in that spot. 

The web designer told Bret through a flood of tears that it was the best graphic he'd ever worked on, and how crap it was that a part timer took his spot.

19 minutes ago, Merzbow said:

Likely removed while they got the new graphic set up.

Taker, Sting and Flair should be the first 3 names you see on that site. You have to scroll past Scorpio Sky and Jimmy bloody Havoc to get there?

Starrcast is absolutely nothing to do with AEW, you see. And that's why the entire AEW roster get top billing ahead of the fucking Undertaker.

On 2/18/2019 at 7:54 PM, Mr Kennedy said:

Who are the “big” names yet to be inducted? Just Triple H, Taker and Rock?

Not a big name as such, but does anyone know why Rick Martel hasn't been inducted? It seems like every fucker and their dog from his generation are in, and they're now moving on to more recent eras.

I don't think he has any beef with Vince, does he? He's always seemed such a respectful type of guy.