Woah Woah WrestleMania - Dis-cussion thread - pump it up, pump it up. *HOF spoilers*

IANdrewDiceClay

• Awards Moderator

On that point, what’s the best short Triple H match? All the ones generally considered his best - Jack at the Rumble, HBK at Summerslam, the original series with Dave - were all longer matches. Can he do an effective Lesnar-Goldberg split or does he ‘need’ that extra time?

8 minutes ago, HarmonicGenerator said:

On that point, what’s the best short Triple H match? All the ones generally considered his best - Jack at the Rumble, HBK at Summerslam, the original series with Dave - were all longer matches. Can he do an effective Lesnar-Goldberg split or does he ‘need’ that extra time?

That is an excellent question to be fair. He had some great main events of raw in the early 00s 

• Paid Members
1 hour ago, HarmonicGenerator said:

His match with Daniel Bryan, and his role against Ronda in her debut, both show that he's great at being the Flair-like heel getting a well-deserved arse kicking, and bumping like a maniac for his opponent. 

That's what every Triple H match should be these days, but he can't make his mind up whether he's the smarmy corporate suit getting his comeuppance or the bad-ass avenging hero 2002 Triple H wearing three jackets, so he needs to have 25 minute self-conscious "epics" where he breathes heavily at a sledgehammer, tries to make a crotch chop a meaningful gesture in the vein of Shawn Michaels' "I'm sorry, I love you", and every single sodding match has to signify "the end of an era".

Given how this story's been built so far, we're getting try-hard bad-ass Triple H, though, not baddy getting deservedly beasted Triple H.

• Paid Members
1 hour ago, HarmonicGenerator said:

Warrior murdering him at WM12 is great.

Have to agree with the length of Mania getting to a ridiculous level. Thanks to becoming a dad and having twins, I've just watched during the day the past few years. There is no way I could manage 7 hours during the night and to be honest I wouldn't want to. I can't think of any other show or event that goes on that long. I'm all for short snappy matches to shave the time down. 

• Paid Members

I see Strowman is the first entrant in the Andre Battle Royal. Does that mean it's being put on the actual show, or they've given up on Braun? 

• Paid Members
On 3/17/2019 at 10:46 AM, IANdrewDiceClay said:

Hall of Fame this year wont have any inductors by all accounts. And everyone only gets 15 minutes. Hillbilly Jim ruined it for everyone. You thought you were seeing something especially shit when Hillbilly was rambling on.

What did old Hillbilly do? I always see this mentioned. Can't find it on Youtube.

• Paid Members

He went on for so long, I'm not sure he stopped. One long boring induction speech no one cared about.

I hate timing these things out. It pretty much ruined Stone Cold's speech because he had to call time just as he was getting into it. I think they should just lay it out like they would a card. The main event gets what they want and everyone else as WWE sees fit.

Jim is definitely one that should have went no longer than 15. Those 15 would have still been unbearably dull, but it saves 2 hours of your life.