Perfect Albums

Chest Rockwell

• Paid Members
6 hours ago, ColinBollocks said:

MI0000031735.jpg514L2l8bMvL.jpg

One was the beginning of something truly special, kicking it off with a stunningly accomplished debut, the other is a band at their critical and commercial peak. Pretty mad an album so dour and morose became one of the best selling albums of the 90s. If I was picking a top 5 albums ever one of them is definitely making it on the list.

I prefer Document #5 and Monster.

• Moderators

REMs best album is Lifes Rich Pageant you fucking doughnuts.

The perfect album is 94124 by Zip Code Rapists. Honorable mention for Philosophy of the World by The Shaggs.

Edited by PowerButchi

• Paid Members
On 2/1/2019 at 9:25 AM, SuperBacon said:

Weezer-Blue Album. Absolute pop perfection, every track is 10/10 and it ends in such an epic way.

I don’t actually like Weezer that much bar a few songs, but this is definitely in my top 5 albums of all time. 

incredible record, i cant split that or Pinkerton. Both in my top 10 records. Went to see Weezer at Wembley Arena last year and they played 8 tracks from Blue, one of the best shows ive ever been too.

Edited by Egg Shen

Pretentious answer, probably, but one album to me is absolute perfection from start to finish: Histoire De Melody Nelson by Serge Gainsbourg.

Coming in at 27 minutes or so, so not quite full-length, but every second is valuable and perfectly realised. It's also indefinable - it's not heavy enough to be rock, not accessible enough to be pop, not out-there enough to be jazz, and too electric and modern to be classical. But it takes something from all of them. You don't even need to understand what he's going on about to appreciate how beautiful this is.

• Moderators
5 hours ago, Stunner said:

Pretentious answer, probably, but one album to me is absolute perfection from start to finish: Histoire De Melody Nelson by Serge Gainsbourg.

Coming in at 27 minutes or so, so not quite full-length, but every second is valuable and perfectly realised. It's also indefinable - it's not heavy enough to be rock, not accessible enough to be pop, not out-there enough to be jazz, and too electric and modern to be classical. But it takes something from all of them. You don't even need to understand what he's going on about to appreciate how beautiful this is.

Gainsbourg is ace, and not just because I had an ex who looked like Jane Birkin. Poupee de Cire Poupee de Son is one of the finest records ever committed to physical media.

And, of course, Les Sucettes. France Gall's mileage may vary on that one though.