Perfect Albums

Chest Rockwell

The purists will say it isn’t as good as Master of Puppets or Ride The Lightning or that it’s too commercial but Metallica’s self titled record doesn’t have a bad song on it. Metal at its most accessible yet there’s some ridiculously heavy stuff in there. An absolute classic.

Load is still my favourite though.

Metallica_Black-Album.jpg

Edited by cobra_gordo
Added a lovely picture

• Paid Members
20 minutes ago, cobra_gordo said:

The purists will say it isn’t as good as Master of Puppets or Ride The Lightning or that it’s too commercial but Metallica’s self titled record doesn’t have a bad song on it. Metal at its most accessible yet there’s some ridiculously heavy stuff in there. An absolute classic.

Don't Tread On Me (both lyrically and musically, given the weird West Side Story thing) is easily the worst song on that album and drags it down for me. It's an excellent album, but not quite perfect.

• Moderators

Commerciality is a silly reason to dislike the black album but I do think Master of Puppets is a tighter album. I think it's a great shout for this thread actually. One of those albums that just flies by and when it finishes I can happily just press play and start it again from the beginning.

• Paid Members
1 hour ago, cobra_gordo said:

Load is still my favourite though.

Metallica_Black-Album.jpg

Load was my first "metal" album. There's some cracking songs on there. 

• Paid Members
On 2/5/2019 at 11:13 PM, Divorced Dad said:

Dookie by Green Day is perfect to me. Just banger after banger flowing really well into each other. 

It's a great album, but I'd argue that Insomniac does it better. Dookie is the album that put them on the map, though. 

Bugger. Sorry chaps. 

Edited by jazzygeofferz
Shit, double post.

• Paid Members

see, i was always more of an Offspring man myself. When i was in school you seemed to either have to prefer Smash or Dookie, it was always Smash for me, and id include that on this list from a personal standpoint. A stone cold classic.

268x0w.jpg

• Paid Members
8 minutes ago, Brewster McCloud said:

That Green Day are being mentioned in a perfect albums thread while the Ramones' Rocket to Russia is being ignored makes me want to tut loudly.

On 2/1/2019 at 6:35 PM, Devon Malcolm said:

Nor is Rocket to Russia