UFC London: Till vs Masvidal - Mar 16 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿

wandshogun09

Who wins and how?   

15 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

How cool would it be if it became a "thing" where Askren kept on winning, and Dana kept on getting angrier and more pissed off? No wonder Askren wants him to come back at him with some jibes etc, it could be make for an interesting storyline for sure!

• Paid Members
23 minutes ago, David said:

How cool would it be if it became a "thing" where Askren kept on winning, and Dana kept on getting angrier and more pissed off? No wonder Askren wants him to come back at him with some jibes etc, it could be make for an interesting storyline for sure!

Very. Although ultimately it would just make Askren a bigger star which makes Dana more money. So he sort of wins no matter what. 

• Paid Members
1 hour ago, David said:

Winning and having entertaining or the most talked about fights on the cards he's on. Proper exposes Dana was talking rubbish all this time.

Few predictions for Saturday night, with a lovely start time I've noticed of 6pm!

Till to win in the main event. I think a lot of people are sleeping on Masvidal due to how long he's gone without fighting, but I do think Till has enough in his locker to see this one to a decision. He showed against Wonderboy he doesn't mind being patient and waiting for his chances, and I think if he sticks with that gameplan he'll get the nod from the judges. I could see him just blitzing Jorge in the first as well, so there's a few differing ways I see him winning. I think he's the more varied striker and will be really motivated to return to the cage in a big way after being dominated against Woodley. As long as he wins, and it sets up a fight over here with Askren, I'll be happy. 

Edwards vs Nelson is a good bit of matchmaking. I hadn't really clocked the run Edwards was on until I just looked it up. He isn't doing too badly for himself, is he? Only recent loss is to Usman, which isn't anything to be ashamed of. I'm actually going to say he wins here as well. Nelson is a machine on the ground, but Edwards has a big size advantage and I can see him clipping Gunnar a few times before he gets the chance to properly have his way on the floor. Fuck it, I spoke about Usman in the sense of him rising to the occasion but picked against him regardless, not going to make the same mistake here!

Reyes to finish Volkan because I've never bought into the Volkan hype and Reyes looked really good against OSP. 

I'm not too familiar with many of the other names, but everything I've heard about Wood suggests he could be the business, so I'll plump for him. Diakese looks like a bellend and Duffy should comfortably get through him so another vote for Duffy as well.

• Paid Members

Surprised it hasn’t been posted already but Ben Askren is in town for this show, did the Q & A yesterday and Darren Till rushed in and caused a bit of a scene. Nothing major, just shouting and flipping middle fingers. Askren is saying he had a little confrontation with Masvidal as well. He’s ruffling feathers everywhere. 

The weigh in came and went and was fairly uneventful. 

tYaLti.jpg

Hz136h.jpg

4XP9gh.jpg

Really looking forward to this. Disappointed I couldn’t get tickets because it’s got all the makings of an incredible night of fights. 

I’m kind of struggling to call those top 3 fights there. And that’s often the mark of a great card. I’m close to 50/50 on all 3 fights. I was leaning towards Masvidal on points but I’m not sure about that with his two year lay-off. I fancy Gunnar to beat Edwards but then Edwards has found a way to get the job done time and time again. And I like Reyes to beat Volkan but Volkan has that game changing punch. It’s a quality card. 

I’ll stick with that though. Masvidal, Gunnar and Reyes. 

Oh yeah, and Jack Marshman missed weight, came in at 188. John Phillips doesn’t give a fuck. 

CE2D4DA8-8899-4480-AFE5-CB81CB254066.jpeg

• Paid Members

Yeah, I’m not particularly a fan of Till or Masvidal. I think they both come across as proper twats myself. So as I don’t have a dog in this race I’m hoping Till wins just because I’d rather see Askren vs Till than Askren vs Masvidal. Although none of it probably even matters because you know Dana’s going to force this Askren vs Lawler 2 thing just because he knows Askren doesn’t really want it. 

In other news, Bisping is in London (hopefully doing colour commentary for this) and has said he’s up for putting this silly grudge with Masvidal to bed. From bits I’ve seen with Masvidal though, I don’t think he’s going to drop it. 

Here’s Bisping on the subject; 

I've really warmed up to Bisping in recent times. He seems like a much more humble guy post-fighting and he's a hell of a commentator/analyst.

This London card should be tons of fun. Hope Diakiese gets back on track against Duffy, that's a gem of a fight hidden in the prelims there. And the top three fights in particular are very strong for a Fight Night. Really, my only complaint is- what is always the case for these UK/Europe cards for me- that it starts at 4am. American cards- and even Aussie cards- start on a Sunday morning and run through most of Sunday afternoon. Cards in Asia usually start on a Saturday night in Aus so that's fun. But for this one, I'll likely wake up tomorrow in time for the start of the main card, and have to go back for the prelims. Hoping Till gets back on track, hopefully the loss to Woodley doesn't send him downhill. Hoping Gunnar chokes a bloke out, and that Volkan gets back to KOing people in no time.

2 hours ago, jimufctna24 said:

Askren is the best thing to happen to MMA in a while. He's a breath of fresh air. 

He's been around for ages. We can thank the Dana White-shaped roadblock that stopped us all from experiencing the funk years ago.

• Paid Members

yep, a bit of a spat prevented it but it all seems so perfect now, im just glad he's finally there. Askren is the ideal example of how you play the game. He's everywhere, he's entertaining and he's ruffling feathers. Askren is the man.

• Paid Members

The Tom Breese vs Ian Heinisch fight is off. That’s according to Heinisch’s Instagram anyway. 

6CDBD062-923C-43BC-9525-1D4C02C4C100.jpeg

While I’m here, anyone know what time the prelims start? I know it’s listed to kick off at 6pm on BT Sport, with the main card starting at 8pm. But with the Breese vs Heinisch cancellation there are 6 prelims now, they won’t squeeze 6 fights into 2 hours so I’m guessing we’ll miss Molly McCann vs Priscila Cachoeira and Mike Grundy vs Nad Narimani. I was hoping to catch both of those fights, especially the Grundy one. Anyone know if they’ll stream on Fight Pass and what time roughly? 

Edited by wandshogun09