UFC London: Till vs Masvidal - Mar 16 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿

wandshogun09

Who wins and how?   

15 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members

I’d love to see Walker vs Manuwa but I can’t see Manuwa taking that fight. He’s coming off 3 losses in a row now, was knocked out in 2 of them and hasn’t won in 2 years. A win over someone like Walker, with the newfound hype Walker’s getting, would be a great for Jimi but the timing...it’s probably more risk than reward. 

If it gets made I’ll be chuffed. But I’m sure there’s a reason Manuwa wasn’t booked on this card. He’s probably the biggest name Londoner in the UFC at the moment so for them to leave him off the card he’s probably injured. His last fight against Thiago Santos was fucking brutal. And at 38 years old, you probably don’t bounce back so quick from fights like that. 

• 3 weeks later...

What's even more mental is that I remember making the case for Askren to get into the UFC when he first left Bellator on this forum, and being incredulous at the way Dana told him to "go and get some experience" and shit like that, only to get pushback from certain people here who claimed he was a "boring fighter."

• Paid Members

Askrens always been quality value. If you are a fan that tunes in just to see the fights and then turns off i could see why you may have that view, but you're selling yourself short as a fan if you just do that. Anyone who follows the sport closely had to know Askren was gonna be a great addition to the roster. The delay in it happening has probably helped in a way but i wish it had happened sooner.

• Paid Members

Till is such an absolute mouth breather. A true knuckle dragger. I'd love for him to lose to Masvidal then Askren add another loss to his record. 

If this does go down I'm 100% Team Funky. 

Here's hoping he walks out wearing a shellsuit to go along with his perm telling Till to calm down. 

• Paid Members

Askren wants the winner of the fight no matter who wins, he says he has an issue with both.

Askren/Till is the one though isnt it. I wanted Masvidal to win the fight initially but if a Till win means we get Till/Askren i may switch my pick.

Does anyone see Dana backing down on his opinion of "running it back" with Lawler though? I don't. 

At the post-fight presser when he was asked he said "we're running the fight back" and when a reporter said that Askren is heading to London and wants the winner of Till and Masvidal it just made Dana more resolute in his position of "no, that's not happening. We're running back the Lawler fight."

• Paid Members

Yep, you just know Dana saw the pasting Askren took in the first minute and thought ‘Yes. I’ll be having some more of that please’. Lawler is definitely Dana’s ‘hired gun’. Lawler won’t even know or give a fuck but you know it’s Dana who chose Lawler with the thinking being that he’s the most capable of physically hurting Askren. I bet he was pitching a tent in his kegs when Lawler dumped Askren on his curly bonce and them bombs started raining down. 

The one thing Askren’s done wrong in all this is publicly say he’s not interested in a Lawler rematch. As soon as he said that I knew Dana was going to make it happen. If Askren had said ‘Hey, I really wanna fight Robbie again to erase all doubt’ then you know Dana would do the exact opposite. He’s a fucking baby. 

Archived