Devon Malcolm

• Paid Members

I wrote it off after the first. It was only with the Fast & Furious reboot I got interested again. Then they announced the Rock for Fast Five I got even more excited and once that came out I was hooked. I think FF7 just pips 6 for me because of the emotional hook. But it’s my guilty pleasure film series for sure

I'll always love the original because I'd have been 15 at the time, in my Max Power reading, modified car obsessed phase. The dialogue is fairly terrible but it's great fun. I love 2 Fast 2 Furious for the same reasons. 5,6 and 7 is where it's at though. Great little trilogy from when Dwayne turns up concluding in the beautiful send off to Paul walker at the end of 7. Went to see it at the cinema with my car obsessed 7 year old and there were loads of blokes in their thirties fighting back tears during that montage.

DISCLAIMER: I have no comment on Fast and Furious. It's not a franchise I'm aware of or involved with at all.

Having got that legal bit out the way, I really like this franchise extension as it cuts Vin Diesel out of the equation, who along with a couple of other OG cast members is incredibly difficult to work with.  

• Paid Members

I got on board when Dwayne decided to throw Vin a bone. Can't be arsed with any of it pre-5.

Some of the highlights include:

The Rock flexing a cast off his broken arm. The Rock using a gun from a helicopter to save the day. The Rock running. The Rock guiding a missile with his bare hands. Rock Bottom on Stath. Vin Diesel getting battered with a massive spanner and getting on with it. Vin and Stath crashing into each other at a silly speed and getting on with it.  The Rock running.

This thread's brought me to the realisation that Roman Reigns is in Hobbs & Shaw. Which, as a title, still sounds like some fuddy duddy sitcom that gets replayed every morning on Gold.