Dean Ambrose leaves the ukff

mim731

• Paid Members

It's easy to forget because of how mishandled he's been but Dean Ambrose has it. He's always had it. Given a proper chance and scripted to not be a goofy dickhead, I'd build my whole company around that lad.

Go back and watch his promos when The Shield first came in. Go watch his first US Title win and how fucking cool he looks when he gets the three count. Rewatch the greatest Lumberjack Match of all time against Seth Rollins at Summerslam. Seek out that PPV return when he stepped out of the taxi and the crowd go apeshit. Watch that awesome, cathartic Hell in a Cell match they had (but turn it off before Bray Wyatt's ghost appears). Listen to how the crowd were reacting to him leading into Fast Lane, despite him only playing a bit-part in the Triple H vs. Roman feud. It was evident throughout his involvement that they'd catastrophically picked the wrong guy to strap the rocket to. Dean's the man and he's been forever fucked over due to bad writing and a constant belief that Roman's the guy, not him.

I can't wait to see what he does outside of the WWE machine. I find it hard to believe he won't flourish.

Edited by Supremo

• Paid Members
8 minutes ago, cobra_gordo said:

Wasn't Ambrose shitfaced at the HOF ceremony before the Mania match with Brock? I always figured it was down to him being punished and booked to look like shit in that match. Was the Austin podcast around that time?

It's all just rumour. Ambrose said that he had all these great ideas for a match, but come the day of, Brock decided he didn't want to do any of it and, instead, it would be a squash.

IIRC, Brock was apparently pissed off with the company because they were lying to him about dates, money and his new contract, so being a fucking stud, told everyone to fuck off. The end result being Lesnar getting a brand new contract with a pay bump and a UFC payday as a goodwill gesture after them pissing around with his agreed dates etc.

He launched a title belt at Vince last year and he probably still got a pay rise for his latest run. Vince chubs anytime Brock growls.

That Chronicle episode on Ambrose awhile back was the writing on the wall, really. It was a weird mix of worked shoot and genuine frustration, bordering on disinterest, from him. You could see that something was going to give.

Read a comment elsewhere that made mention of the fact that Ambrose/Rollins ought to have been WWE's Dreamer/Sandman. Bang on. It's hard to tell at times which party lost more interest, first, but the most recent Dean's been no fun at all. I won't miss him from WWE, but look forward to seeing what he does next. 

For all those saying he's been misused, I call bollocks. He most recently came back knowing he only had a few months left to run on his contract and he still went and played along with all the daft shite Vince told him to, the mask and sirens, smelly audience promos etc. If he was that bothered he would have said "sod it I'll try and get my own way as I've nothing to lose" But he couldn't be arsed, the same way he wasn't arsed during the podcast with Austin. Bryan managed to get Vince to let him do his vegan character for feck sake, if Ambrose really wanted to, he could've at least reduced the shittiness of his current character.

He's a bland looking, awkward promo mid carder and I certainly won't miss him. Playing wrestler with those super kick twats, lispy Cody and tubby, mid life crisis Jericho in AEW might be his level.

Edited by DCW

• Paid Members
40 minutes ago, DCW said:

He's a bland looking, awkward promo mid carder and I certainly won't miss him. Playing wrestler with those super kick twats, lispy Cody and tubby, mid life crisis Jericho in AEW might be his level.

I can understand the rest of the criticism (even if I don't 100% agree), but this seems a bit...petty, to be honest. His dad famously had a lisp and was one of the all-time greats.

There was a couple of times in the big Shield multi-man matches back when Ambrose had his hair slicked back, when he looked really like a future star.

Apart from that though I genuinely can't remember a single 1v1 match of his that stands out.  He's had some cracking promos but when bell time comes he's always looked pretty uninspired.

Maybe he'll go off to AEW and make himself a star.  Maybe he's the next Ken Anderson.  Personally I don't think he's a great loss to WWE.

As has been mentioned already, it was that Steve Austin podcast interview that fucked him. He was the WWE Champion, essentially meaning he was the top guy, the guy that the company has hung their hat on, and he acted like he couldn’t give a shit.

As for how he’s been booked? Yeah, some of it has been pretty bad, but it’s also down to him to try and make it work, which he blatantly hasn’t done, he’s just gone along with it for the easy life. He fucked himself, and he has no-one to blame but himself

Had they gone with him in 2016 and put the belt on him at the Rumble when he was over and seemed to be motivated, who knows what could’ve been.

It’llbe interesting to see if the crowd give him shit for leaving

Edited by WyattSheepMask

• Paid Members
3 minutes ago, Loki said:

Apart from that though I genuinely can't remember a single 1v1 match of his that stands out.

The triple H match at Fast lane was outstanding and the crowd were right behind him. Had several crackers with Seth before that including the great cage match they ruined by transitioning him into the Wyatt feud.

Outside of that, he has plenty of competent matches but no one could possibly remember anything because they book the same match every week so all of your Ambrose, Rollins, Balor, etc types suffer from the same thing.

• Paid Members
17 minutes ago, Carbomb said:

I can understand the rest of the criticism (even if I don't 100% agree), but this seems a bit...petty, to be honest. His dad famously had a lisp and was one of the all-time greats.

Doesn't shock me really that DCW brought that up. He had a go at Finn Balor recently for having the apparent audacity to wear lipstick. Strikes me as a bit of a playground bully.

Edited by Accident Prone

4 minutes ago, Supremo said:

I recall Dean also had some great matches with Kevin Owens. Was there some type of no-DQ match at a Royal Rumble PPV?

Last Man Standing for the IC, again from the 2016 Royal Rumble. He was massively over, and they could have strapped a rocket to him and have him win 2 titles in 1 night*

* shut up Jericho!

Edited by WyattSheepMask