Early Nights

PowerButchi

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members

Bed by 9.30pm throughout the week. I get up at 5.30am for work so it's a tidy sleep. 

On weekends I like to try and make the most of the evenings, but I'm still usually in bed before half 11. I've been doing my work routine for so long, that I find it really difficult to 'sleep in' and I'll always find myself awake early on weekends. 7am is usually a lie in.

Still, the early mornings are wonderful. Coffee and quiet. 

I have a mate who goes to sleep at about 8pm and gets up at 4:30am. Works 9am-4pm. Fuck knows what he does in that 4 1/2 hours between waking up and going to work. When we go out for a few pints on a Saturday night he is always falling asleep in the pub at around 10pm.

Another friend of mine goes to bed at dead on 10pm during the week. No exceptions. If it hits 10pm and he's halfway through a movie, he'll just turn it off and go to bed and watch the rest the next day.

• Paid Members

11pm is my usual on weekdays, but then again I'm up at 6am to potter around the house until I leave for work at 9:30 so I have a bit of leg room if I decide that I NEED a couple of extra evening hours for whatever Netflix or video games console I'm attached to at that moment.

I always try and get up early on weekends though, no matter what time I went to bed. I'm relishing those voluntary, quiet, peaceful Sunday mornings while I can before I dive headfirst into fatherhood next year.

I'm usually out the door by 7am and I like to eat breakfast at home so will get up at 6 to let me shower and sort some food. I also need 8 hours sleep to avoid being grumpy so try and be asleep by 10pm most nights.

Weekends I'd love to say I stay up later but 11pm is usually as good as it gets. My son is an early riser and never gets up later than 7.30 or 8 at a push. I like to get up and have a coffee before he's up and wanting to the get the wrestling figures out.

• Paid Members

If I'm on an early shift  and have to be up at 4am I usually aim to be in bed for about 9-10ish. Sometimes I'll push myself to 11. If I'm on a late shift I have to do some things before I head to work so I aim to be in bed for 1, maybe 2am so I'm up for 8. Fortunately I don't have to do a night shift otherwise I'd be buggered.

• Paid Members

I used to like an early night but I'm currently at the mercy of my partner. Who is very fond of being tired but not managing to be in bed until after 11, or the other night managing to not wind down til after 1 and still obsessively trawl through choices of new headphones desperately wanting to find the right model in the right colour even if it may not exist, so its closer to 3 when sleep is actually being sought.

Strange creatures, women.

• Paid Members
55 minutes ago, air_raid said:

I used to like an early night but I'm currently at the mercy of my partner. Who is very fond of being tired but not managing to be in bed until after 11, or the other night managing to not wind down til after 1 and still obsessively trawl through choices of new headphones desperately wanting to find the right model in the right colour even if it may not exist, so its closer to 3 when sleep is actually being sought.

Strange creatures, women.

We're the opposite. I think the biggest unforeseen clash since moving in together is how she'd go to sleep at 9-10pm if she could, whereas I think that going to bed before midnight is preposterous. 

Archived