Brawl For All: 10 Years Earlier

wandshogun09

Brawl For All champ in 1988?  

84 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Moderators

Jerry Flynn would have pissed it. He's Lightening Foot! Or Tank, obviously. Really can't see past Tank to win a WCW 90s Brawl For All. JC Wrestling All-American, KO artist. It's Tank all the way in WCW.

• Paid Members

A WCW one would have probably happened if Bischoff owned the company out right like Vince did. Cant imagine Turner letting that shit fly, though. Didnt Bischoff always want some legit fighting type show as a spin off? For some reason he had this massive hard on for UFC, and thought Haku would storm in a kick the shite out of any of them.

Don Frye was close to signing with WCW until he nearly had a fight with Ernest Miller. If Don was on board, I'd have went with him.

• Paid Members

Didn’t Bischoff have some kind of martial arts background or was that bollocks? That probably explains his infatuation with who could really fight. And of course, there was ‘The Block’, whatever the fuck that was about. 

What year was it about when Frye was going to come in? I’d have loved to have seen him thrown into the chaos that was late 90s WCW. 

What a line up. (And a thread 👍🏻).

Id rule out Ray on the Marc Mero basis, Harley Race for age, the rest is a toss up. On facts you’d have to say that Orndorff must be a hard cunt. But all of them seem genuine bad fuckers.

Dynamite may be a bit small, those big pillow gloves would be a detriment to him. I imagine BNB would be decent, but judo in that environment wouldnt have been the best skill to have.

Haku couldnt rip out any eyeballs or apply the TDG with the gloves. Barbarian i imagine could get smashed in the face alot without flinching but wouldnt be quick enough or have the workrate to win 

That brings it down to Rude, Reed and Orndorff. I’m going with Mr Wonderfull. Workrate and stuborness would take him to victory in a slobberknocker over either of those two. Especially with Reeds background beeing more pro football than fighting. (May be wrong though).

2 hours ago, wandshogun09 said:

Didn’t Bischoff have some kind of martial arts background or was that bollocks? That probably explains his infatuation with who could really fight. And of course, there was ‘The Block’, whatever the fuck that was about. 

What year was it about when Frye was going to come in? I’d have loved to have seen him thrown into the chaos that was late 90s WCW. 

Yep Bischoff does have a legit Martial Arts background. He talks about it here

http://www.bodyslam.net/2018/12/08/eric-bischoff-talks-about-his-time-as-a-martial-artist/

I imagine the gloves would have minimised most of Haku's offence?
Bad News would have scored takedown after takedown, especially with the large gloves to be able to trap peoples arms easier.

Fast forward a year or so and I would have gone for Earthquake.

• 4 weeks later...
  • Paid Members

Sorry to dig this up again but this seems as fitting a thread as any for this. I just stumbled across this bit of a Dan Spivey interview with him talking about his fight with Adrian Adonis. Spivey still looks like he could fuck your day right up; 

Vince: Dan, I can’t have you beating up my talent. 

Spivey: Vince, he wasn’t very talented. 

Love that. 

• Paid Members

Dan Spivey is the WWE's Rehab delivery boy these days. Imagine if he turned up at your door, with those eyes. You'd think the grim reaper was there to tell you your time was up. They couldnt have got DDP or someone a bit cheerful to take people to rehab? The Bushwhackers would have been a laugh, even.

Archived