Let's all laugh at the Oscars: 2019 Edition

ColinBollocks

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members
12 minutes ago, chokeout said:

I hope Bohemian Rhapsody wins for no other reason than I want Dexter Fletcher, star of Press Gang, to say he directed an Oscar winning film. 

Problem is he didn't. Or, atleast he will not be recognised as such as the Director credit is still that twat Bryan Singer. It was a decent bio pic, nothing more. Mission Impossible should have got a nod instead

• Paid Members
4 minutes ago, Accident Prone said:

I've not seen Bohemian Rhapsody, but I hope it loses due to the sheer ludicrous nature of

Hide contents

that half-baked Wayne's World reference that Mike Myers makes.

It truly is awful. Having read up after the film, a lot of things were changed for "dramatic" purposes. I wish it didn't have the involvement of May and Taylor tbh. Though plus one for having the kid in it from Jurassic Park. The actual casting was good in general I will give it that

• Paid Members
14 minutes ago, Merzbow said:

There's been a lot of talk about there being no nominations for Sorry To Bother You but Boots has explained in a twitter thread why it has none and he's not exactly mad about it:

Sorry to bother you was a good film. It felt like a weird tribute to Being John Malkovic at times in the style of the film, but I felt it run out of steam before the end. While it would not have made the Best Picture nom for me, it deserves it more then BoHo and Black Panther. But I am glad he has taken time to explain his views and very graciously as well. I look forward to his next work

I noticed the James Bulger film got a nod in best live action short. A strange film in that of all the families not to consult on something like this the poor lads mum is probably the worse person to neglect. I'm hesitant to criticise her too much but there'll be no shortage of tabloid quotes and ITV appearances over the next month or so. 

The media exploit that poor woman so they can get even more mileage out of the Bulger story. She obviously is still in horrible pain about it and they use that to have her, as you said, all over ITV and the papers to sell it. Its an emotive case for all people.

• Paid Members
8 minutes ago, johnnyboy said:

Eh?  It works beautifully.  Two thumbs up for that.

Yeah, a lot of people loved it. To me, it comes across as one of those awful reference 'jokes', where the audience claps at their own ability to remember something. But then again I'm the guy who hated Rogue One for similar reasons so I'm just a grey old curmudgeon. 

Archived