• Willem Dafoe - At Eternity's Gate
  • Rami Malek - Bohemian Rhapsody
  • Viggo Mortensen - Green Book

Best actress

• Yalitza Aparicio - Roma
  • Glenn Close - The Wife
  • Olivia Colman - The Favourite
  • Lady Gaga - A Star Is Born
  • Melissa McCarthy - Can You Ever Forgive Me?

Best supporting actor

• Mahershala Ali - Green Book
  • Adam Driver - BlacKkKlansman
  • Sam Elliott - A Star Is Born
  • Richard E Grant - Can You Ever Forgive Me?
  • Sam Rockwell - Vice

Best supporting actress

• Amy Adams - Vice
  • Marina de Tavira - Roma
  • Regina King - If Beale Street Could Talk
  • Emma Stone - The Favourite
  • Rachel Weisz - The Favourite

Best director

• Alfonso Cuaron - Roma
  • Yorgos Lanthimos - The Favourite
  • Spike Lee - BlacKkKlansman
  • Adam McKay - Vice
  • Pawel Pawlikowski - Cold War

Best adapted screenplay

• The Ballad of Buster Scruggs
  • BlacKkKlansman
  • Can You Ever Forgive Me?
  • If Beale Street Could Talk
  • A Star Is Born

Best original screenplay

• The Favourite
  • First Reformed
  • Green Book
  • Roma
  • Vice

Best foreign language film

• Capernaum - Lebanon
  • Cold War - Poland
  • Never Look Away - Germany
  • Roma - Mexico
  • Shoplifters - Japan

Best original song

• All The Stars - Black Panther
  • I'll Fight - RGB
  • The Place Where Lost Things Go - Mary Poppins Returns
  • Shallow - A Star Is Born
  • When A Cowboy Trades His Spurs for Wings - The Ballad of Buster Scruggs

Best original score

• BlacKkKlansman - Terence Blanchard
  • Black Panther - Ludwig Goransson
  • If Beale Street Could Talk - Nicholas Britell
  • Isle of Dogs - Alexandre Desplat
  • Mary Poppins Returns - Marc Shaiman, Scott Wittman

Best animated feature

• Incredibles 2
  • Isle of Dogs
  • Mirai
  • Ralph Breaks the Internet
  • Spider-Man: Into the Spider-Verse

Best documentary feature

• Free Solo
  • Hale County This Morning, This Evening
  • Minding the Gap
  • Of Fathers and Sons
  • RBG

+ some other awards you shouldn't care about.

Black Panther and Bohemian Rhapsody getting best film nods ahead of the likes of First Reformed and You Were Never Really Here is adorable. Black Panther is B level Marvel and wasn't even the best superhero movie last year; such overrated toss. They maybe should have stuck with that "Give Black Panther an award, so you don't kick up fuss" award.

Lynne Ramsay getting ignored. Sexist.

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply
35 minutes ago, Chest Rockwell said:

I saw an advert for Vice today. Christian Bale looks like Chevy Chase; I'm not sure I'm going to be able to take it seriously.

I totally thought it was him when the trailer popped up the other day.

I'd say the inclusion of Black Panther is baffling except it's not because it's the Oscars and they're stupid.

I was quite looking forward to Vice. Good subject, great cast and I liked 'The Big Short'.  But going by the ads, and the reviews and general reaction it seems like a bit of a dud. Will still see it anyway, but with way lower expectations.

• Paid Members

Imagine somebody telling you in 2009 that 10 years down the line the Best Actress Oscar would be contested between Lady Gaga, Sophie from Peep Show and half of Mike & Molly.

I hope Black Panther cleans up tbh

• Paid Members

I really enjoyed KkKlansman, actually have Spike Lee down to win as part of my predictions (the only time I get to use a film degree in Hereford). The Best Actress nominees as mentioned are baffling, not for quality but really for just how their careers have been moulded. Can see A Star is Born getting nothing but best original song so they have one award but even then I feel Mary Poppins could sneak that too.

5 hours ago, Sergio Mendacious said:

The line up for Best Actress is bewildering — not because they don't deserve it, I have no idea, but it's a Mixtec woman, Jo Calderone, Soph, Glenn Close, and fat lass from bad comedies.

And unironically said fat lass is up for a worst actress award at the Razzies for Happytime Murders

• Paid Members

As said previously Black Panther for Best Picture is a joke. The first Marvel film to get that recognition and it wasn’t even the best Marvel film last year. As is Bohemian Rhapsody. Great lead performance and the films enjoyable, but there have been way better films in 2018.

Spider-Man has to win Animated feature though surely. Sound mixing for Bohemian Rhapsody and original song for Poppins. 

But the fact Paddington 2 has been completely snubbed proves what a joke the Oscars now are.

8 hours ago, Sergio Mendacious said:

The line up for Best Actress is bewildering — not because they don't deserve it, I have no idea, but it's a Mixtec woman, Jo Calderone, Soph, Glenn Close, and fat lass from bad comedies.

2 hours ago, RIDDUM_N_STYLE said:

And unironically said fat lass is up for a worst actress award at the Razzies for Happytime Murders

You mean Melissa McCarthy? Don’t be pricks lads...

• Awards Moderator
8 hours ago, Shy Dad said:

I really enjoyed KkKlansman, actually have Spike Lee down to win as part of my predictions (the only time I get to use a film degree in Hereford). The Best Actress nominees as mentioned are baffling, not for quality but really for just how their careers have been moulded. Can see A Star is Born getting nothing but best original song so they have one award but even then I feel Mary Poppins could sneak that too.

If they’d nominated one of the (at least) three songs from Poppins that’s better than that one, I’d agree. ‘A Cover Is Not The Book’ was robbed!

The Oscars are always who spends the most. Its why You Were Never Really Here isn't nominated, the studio picked something else to back. Its utter nonsense, and until its based on genuine reactions to films, its always going to be a baffling thing.

Having said that, much love for Adam Driver and Richard E Grant getting nods. I really hope Grant wins it (Driver's time will come) VICE is a so-so film with a great central performance, but Hollywood wants a right wing figure to bash so it plays favourably.

Black Panther and Bohemian Rhapsody shouldn't be anywhere near Best Picture. I mean, Wonder Woman was miles better than Black Panther, that's the film last year that should have 'broken through' in directing and best film (if one was to) Bohemian Rhapsody is a pile of shit bar Malek. Its also the most weirdly anti-gay film I've ever seen.

Archived