Biggest Name To Never Work WWE

BomberPat

• Awards Moderator

Invoking the Jr clause (1982) Stan Hansen. 

Huge draw in Japan, pretty much wrestles a rough-house WWE style and would've been a great brute against Hulk, or teaming with someone like Windham, but definitely managed by Heenan. 

(This is another one stymied by HOF like Abby) 

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Did L.A. Park or Vampiro ever for the 'E or 'F? 

Park's been a headline talent in Mexico pretty consistently for a long time as well as having a fun run in WCW.

Vampiro was a draw in Mexico for a period and had feuds with Sting in WCW. 

Historically Muta, Brody as mentioned. Arguably Vampiro but not on the level of the other two.

Are we including wrestlers that have done dark matches as eligible? In which case, in modern day I'd say Kenny Omega, Young Bucks, Okada and Christopher Daniels are good examples.

• Paid Members

Depends on many factors. In north America, some of the Japanese wrestlers already mentioned can't be described as big names in all honesty (precisely because they never worked the biggest stage.)

It has to be someone from WCW/NWA or the territory days who never made the jump doesn't it? Chris Adams, Abdullah and Kevin Sullivan spring to mind.

• Awards Moderator
8 hours ago, AVM said:

Historically Muta, Brody as mentioned. Arguably Vampiro but not on the level of the other two.

Are we including wrestlers that have done dark matches as eligible? In which case, in modern day I'd say Kenny Omega, Young Bucks, Okada and Christopher Daniels are good examples.

If we’re looking at modern day types I’d add Alex Shelley for that list.

Daniels has technically appeared because he was one of the Conquistadores when E&C were doing that in 2000. But I wouldn’t say that counted.

The Bucks have definitely been enhancement on Velocity or SmackDown at some point, I’m sure of it.

• Paid Members
8 hours ago, garynysmon said:

Depends on many factors. In north America, some of the Japanese wrestlers already mentioned can't be described as big names in all honesty (precisely because they never worked the biggest stage.)

It has to be someone from WCW/NWA or the territory days who never made the jump doesn't it? Chris Adams, Abdullah and Kevin Sullivan spring to mind.

That's why it's clearly Muta. As big as most stars in Japan and afar and well known to tons of US fans either through his work in the territories and NWA or just from written media were he jumps off the page.

Fucking Alex Shelley.

23 hours ago, Carbomb said:

I reckon The Great Muta is probably the best shout. 

I looked up Inoki, because I remember there being something about him having a "phantom" WWF championship reign, but his Wiki didn't say if it was a WWF or NJPW event.

HOWEVER: I just found out that he converted to Shia Islam, when he was negotiating the release of Saddam Hussein's Japanese hostages, and that he officially changed his name from Kanji Inoki to Muhammad Hussain Inoki!

I assumed this was a joke I didn't understand, then Googled it and found out its completely true :omg:

Archived