Royal Rumble 2019 discussion

HarmonicGenerator

• Paid Members
23 minutes ago, BomberPat said:

Otherwise, genuinely no clue. Men's Rumble feels wide open to me, could be anyone.

Anyone called Seth.

• Replies 314
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just watching the Sky Sports special that’s been airing this week with highlights from last year’s Rumble. I really hope they just fuck off with the amount of people going through the second rope and staying outside for ages, seems to have happened a fair bit in the woman’s Rumble. 

Edit - Stephanie commentating can fuck off as well. 

5 hours ago, Mr Kennedy said:

Just watching the Sky Sports special that’s been airing this week with highlights from last year’s Rumble. I really hope they just fuck off with the amount of people going through the second rope and staying outside for ages, seems to have happened a fair bit in the woman’s Rumble. 

Well rejoice, Steph isn't on the team this year for the Women's match, Renee and Beth Phoenix are calling it with Phillips and Graves, Cory will also be on the Men's match with Cole, JBL and Lawler

Speaking of which, I've been going through the card and last year's show to compare what the line up this year were doing on the show a year ago

Cruiserweight Title - Kalisto is the only one of the 4 to feature last year, he was in the pre show 6 man with Metalik and Dorado against TJP, Gallagher and Gulak

United States Title - Rusev was number 1 in the Men's Rumble match, lasting 30 mins, Shinsuke won the match from the number 14 spot, going just over 44 mins 

Smackdown Tag Team Titles - The Bar competed twice at last year's show, winning the Raw tag belts from Rollins and Jordan having earlier been in the Rumble, Seamus was eliminated shockingly in 2 seconds by a beat down Heath Slater after coming in at 11, Cesaro came in at 15, going just over 5 mins. Shane was, and still is, SD Commissioner while Miz was reigning IC champion and entered at 26 lasting just over 5 mins

Universal Title - Lesnar, like this year, was reigning Universal champion and defended it in a triple threat with Kane and Strowman, Balor was the iron man of the Rumble, entering at 2 and going nearly 58 minutes

WWE Title - Bryan was Smackdown GM and would, unknown at the time, announce his return to the ring two months later, AJ was the reigning WWE champion and defended it in a handicap match against Owens and Zayn 

Raw Women's/Smackdown Women's Titles - Tying these two matches together as they are linked. The challengers Sasha and Becky were the inaugural entrants in the Women's Rumble, Banks was the iron woman going just under 55 minutes while Lynch lasted a little under 31 mins, Asuka won the match after entering at number 25 and going a little under 20 mins while Rousey made her debut after the match, staring down Asuka and then champs Charlotte and Alexa Bliss as well as pointing at the Mania sign 3 different times and giving Stephanie an awkward handshake

On 1/21/2019 at 10:31 AM, air_raid said:

Anyone called Seth.

Anyone called Becky - The man is going to win the mens rumble by assualiting R-Truth and taking his spot after Rousey screws her over in the Womens title match just so she can challenge her at Mania

21 hours ago, Mr Kennedy said:

I used to love the Royal Rumble because you were guaranteed essentially an hour of non-stop action. Even if there was a focus in the ring there were other wrestlers struggling near the ropes or trading punches and the like. Sadly, in the past several years it has become lots of laying about / staying outside the ring and unlike when, say, Rick Martel lasted 50 minutes in 1991 and was drenched in sweat because you felt like he had been fighting for his life for nearly an hour, now Sasha Banks going 50 minutes is like 'M;eh, she was outside the ring or laying in the corner for a good chunk of it' and it is less impressive.

I still enjoy the event for its 'who's coming next?' aspect but I haven't seen a truly great Rumble match [in my opinion] for about 10 years. 

As great as I’m sure the match will be, I can’t say I’m surprised that the Cruiserweight title match got moved down to the pre-show. If you look at the rest of the card, there’s nothing there would get moved instead of it. 

Like last year were they had 3 matches (can of Coke to anyone who can list them without looking it up), the preshow is scheduled for 2hrs so I would imagine something gets added late, probably another go round of Heavy Machinery v Ascension 

36 minutes ago, WyattSheepMask said:

As great as I’m sure the match will be, I can’t say I’m surprised that the Cruiserweight title match got moved down to the pre-show. If you look at the rest of the card, there’s nothing there would get moved instead of it. 

Like last year were they had 3 matches (can of Coke to anyone who can list them without looking it up), the preshow is scheduled for 2hrs so I would imagine something gets added late, probably another go round of Heavy Machinery v Ascension 

Brock vs Braun vs Kane

Roman vs Miz

Seth and Jordan vs The Bar. 

Where’s my coke bitch? 

• Paid Members

Back when accumulators were allowed on WWE PPV's, the betting used to be a lot more fun (until they shut it down due to the sheer amount of insider knowledge) so now I only throw a few quid on the Rumble participants. Have a look'see;

Drew is a great shout at 7/1 and I'd throw a few bob on Elias or Samoa Joe at 50/1. Who knew we would be in a position where Mustafi Ali would have the same odds at winning as Rey Mysterio and Randy Orton? All three are 66/1 and all three could claim the win in a surprise victory.

The Women's Rumble is less open, although Alexa Bliss at 12/1 and Mandy Rose at 25/1 would be good'uns, as well as Bayley's 50/1 odds and former champs Nia Jax (66/1) and Naomi (40/1).

I'll probably spend a tenner on this and hopefully I'll get another nice payout from when I predicted Shinsuke's victory last year. 

16 minutes ago, Accident Prone said:

Back when accumulators were allowed on WWE PPV's, the betting used to be a lot more fun (until they shut it down due to the sheer amount of insider knowledge) so now I only throw a few quid on the Rumble participants. Have a look'see;

Drew is a great shout at 7/1 and I'd throw a few bob on Elias or Samoa Joe at 50/1. Who knew we would be in a position where Mustafi Ali would have the same odds at winning as Rey Mysterio and Randy Orton? All three are 66/1 and all three could claim the win in a surprise victory.

The Women's Rumble is less open, although Alexa Bliss at 12/1 and Mandy Rose at 25/1 would be good'uns, as well as Bayley's 50/1 odds and former champs Nia Jax (66/1) and Naomi (40/1).

I'll probably spend a tenner on this and hopefully I'll get another nice payout from when I predicted Shinsuke's victory last year. 

Sky Bet have some great odds on who will make it to the final 4.  Stuck a fiver each on Jeff Hardy at 20/1, Elias 9/1 and Joe 8/1.

Archived