Royal Rumble 2019 discussion

HarmonicGenerator

• Replies 314
  • Created
  • Last Reply

New SCG Radio is up over at www.squaredcirclegazette.com talking about Takeover and the Royal Rumble, may post the link a little later, but was a lot of fun. Quite interesting talking about Becky Lynch, especially now the ratings for Smackdown have come out. While it's always good that live crowd react they way they do for her, I do really wonder if what it means to be "over" with the live WWE PPV crowds these days. It's a horrible spot WWE have landed themselves in - needing to put out a show that appeals to a wider range of people than they currently reach, with a live crowd on the big shows that are horribly inconsistent in what they want and how much conviction they have for the top acts that they are constantly trying to cater to as well. Makes it hard to read what is truly working.

• Awards Moderator

I assumed by that post @The King of Old School was making a reference to an old forum joke where @King Pitcos and others would refer to Japanese wrestlers as Chinese? Nothing to get offended by, just a bit of 'membering.

Looking forward to downloading SCG tonight, @Liam O'Rourke. It'll be interesting to hear your thoughts considering how openly out of love the Oaken Table has been with WWE (at least, if the last few podcasts are anything to go by).

6 minutes ago, HarmonicGenerator said:

I assumed by that post @The King of Old School was making a reference to an old forum joke where @King Pitcos and others would refer to Japanese wrestlers as Chinese? Nothing to get offended by, just a bit of 'membering.

:thumbsup:

8 minutes ago, WyattSheepMask said:

How many did you think there were?

The bit when Xia Li came in did make me laugh:

Enters Rumble with a fan

Strings together some cool martial arts moves

Crowd pops a bit

Starts shouting "MY NAME IS XIA LI"

Continues shouting "AND I'M FROM CHI-" and gets twatted from behind being cut off before she can finish saying "China".

Here it is - SCG Radio returns this week to discuss NXT Takeover, the 2019 Royal Rumble and discuss the immediate future of WWE on the road to WrestleMania 35! Breaking down the big stories of NXT, such as the dynamic hindering Tommaso Ciampa and Aleister Black, the greatness of Johnny Gargano and the immediate future of the top angle, before diving into the match-by-match of the Royal Rumble with some hideous booking, mind-boggling decisions, a Brock Lesnar tour de force, a tirade on the Women's Royal Rumble, issues with WWE trying to deal with the modern audience, and Seth Rollins' big victory, and finally giving a wide-angle lens look at what things look like for WrestleMania and the problems with the proposed addition of Charlotte to the headline Rousey Vs. Lynch match. A lot of fun discussion this week, check it out and let us know what you think!

https://mcdn.podbean.com/mf/download/5hwxde/SCG_Radio_146_-_NXT_Takeover_Pheonix_and_Royal_Rumble_2019.mp3

Archived