Types of angle you love

tiger_rick

• Paid Members
On 1/19/2019 at 10:12 AM, tiger_rick said:

The "disguise" - Love, love, love. Whether it be Steve Austin as a member of the SWAT team attacking Vince or DDP as La Parka, I just love this. Even when it's obvious. Remember reading in @JNLister's great travelogues about an angle in the USWA where the gorilla mascot suddenly lays someone out and unmasked as a heel. Just love the simplicity of that.

I've found a shit version of this. 

WCW Nitro in the 2000s. Oklahoma is in charge of the women's division for some reason. He hates Medusa and won't book her for some reason. She looks at the board and sees she doesn't have a match, goes ballistic. She is seen whispering in La Parka's ear. Later on Oklahoma is inexplicably brought out to guest commentate on The Artist vs the 270lbs La Parka for the Cruiserweight title. La Parka comes out and it's Medusa dressed as him. Everyone knows instantly except Tony Schiavone who sounds like an idiot claiming he can't see anything wrong. I can't remember exactly what happened (I watched this yesterday), but Oklahoma gets mad, and the real La Parka comes out and ends up getting pinned anyway. This was really, really shit.

If you were thinking "that sounds like some Russo bullshit", you would be wrong, this is during one of his hiatuses. I assume Ed Ferrera had a big sweaty hand in it though. 

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Archived