Reallocate the Cruiserweights

HarmonicGenerator

• Paid Members

Mike's pretty decent at comedy matches. Unfortunately comedy matches are indy as fuck and once you take them off the table you're left with "sound but unspectacular" and "comes with his wife."

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members

A couple of people are saying release Humberto Carrillo. He’s literally just made his debut and has been with the company since August. And is 23. I’d keep him with Raul Mendoza. They’re the fun tag team who get some shit in but ultimately get squashed like Lorcan and Burch were doing. 

As for the rest;

Akira Tozawa and Cedric to Raw. 

Daivari - released. Can’t remember him having one good match.

Brian Kendrick moved to a trainer role. 

Buddy Murphy - Smackdown. I know they’re both heels, but I really want to see a Murphy vs Andrade match.

I agree with the comment about sticking Drew Gulak in NXT and teaming him with Lorcan.

Jack Gallagher and Noam Dar to NXT UK.

Give Mike and Maria want they want and let them go.

TJP and Tony Nese are solid workers and could go back to NXT. But a release and signing with AEW wouldn’t be a bad thing for either man.

And as much as I love Hideo, poor fucker has had such a bad time. Let him go. He’d have options. ROH would bring him back or AEW would snap him up. Or maybe go to New Japan. I don’t think he’s ever been there unless it was anything involved with NOAH. 

• Paid Members

Are Mendoza and Carrillo the two pleather clad lads I've seen Bucksing around on NXT, looking great and popping the crowd before inevitably getting pinned? If so, keep em. This generations Rockers if looked after. Except without one going on to become Shawn.

• Paid Members
6 hours ago, TheBurningRed said:

And as much as I love Hideo, poor fucker has had such a bad time. Let him go. He’d have options. ROH would bring him back or AEW would snap him up. Or maybe go to New Japan. I don’t think he’s ever been there unless it was anything involved with NOAH. 

I love how a company that doesn't really exist in any real terms yet is being touted as an "option" for anyone getting a cheque from WWE every week.

• Paid Members
2 hours ago, air_raid said:

I love how a company that doesn't really exist in any real terms yet is being touted as an "option" for anyone getting a cheque from WWE every week.

But it is an option. And something that might be intriguing to some wrestlers who want a change. But I’m not gonna go all MPDTT about them. 

• Paid Members
2 hours ago, air_raid said:

Chris Jericho is telling the world he's got a three year contract on bigger money than WWE have ever offered him. People in WWE will be getting excited about this shit.

Buddy Murphy to Raw, Tony Nese out the door, and everyone else to Smackdown or NXT UK. You could easily send no more than 2 to NXT. I'll go with Kendrick and Gulak. That's probably being harsh on Gulak but then again he can probably have a few Takeover thrillers for people to remember him by.

I still watch this show.

• Paid Members
1 hour ago, tiger_rick said:

Chris Jericho is telling the world he's got a three year contract on bigger money than WWE have ever offered him. People in WWE will be getting excited about this shit.

Chris Jericho moved the needle at Wrestle Kingdom last year. This thread is about 205 losers.

• Paid Members
32 minutes ago, tiger_rick said:

So people even MORE likely to look at AEW than Chris Jericho?

People far, far less likely to be paid more by a startup than what WWE are paying them, even to make up the numbers on 205. "Being used better" is nice but it doesn't put food on the table.

• Paid Members
3 minutes ago, air_raid said:

People far, far less likely to be paid more by a startup than what WWE are paying them, even to make up the numbers on 205. "Being used better" is nice but it doesn't put food on the table.

Possibly. But then AEW needs near enough an entire roster and will struggle to get many guys who are in peak condition and have some name recognition from WWE. Not sure anything is likely, just think denying this is an option when it looks a big deal is odd.

• Paid Members
20 minutes ago, tiger_rick said:

Possibly. But then AEW needs near enough an entire roster and will struggle to get many guys who are in peak condition and have some name recognition from WWE. Not sure anything is likely, just think denying this is an option when it looks a big deal is odd.

It's the budgetary constraints. Khan is loaded but wrestling isn't their only interest and Meltzer's saying that WWE are prepared to match offers to retain talent. Jericho's a special case considering his proven track record of drawing a fanbase that look for an alternative, and I can possibly see Ziggler deciding he's banked enough to go and take less money for a new scene where he'll be presented as a big deal (I can fully imagine Jericho v Ziggler or Ziggler v Cody going on last at one of Elite's shows) but for guys low down on WWE's totem pole I don't envisage them being worth it for Elite to try and pay them more than what they're on now. It's not just "the show," it's a regular cheque. If you leave a comfortable (if unspectacular) spot with Vince and Hunter - what's the pay, how often are shows running, how viable does the future of the venture look and do you really want to burn a bridge with the best paying gig in North America? It's a massive number of unknown factors, once you're making a comfortable living wage it's difficult to drop it for, at this point, a leap of faith.

• Paid Members
10 minutes ago, air_raid said:

It's the budgetary constraints. Khan is loaded but wrestling isn't their only interest and Meltzer's saying that WWE are prepared to match offers to retain talent. Jericho's a special case considering his proven track record of drawing a fanbase that look for an alternative, and I can possibly see Ziggler deciding he's banked enough to go and take less money for a new scene where he'll be presented as a big deal (I can fully imagine Jericho v Ziggler or Ziggler v Cody going on last at one of Elite's shows) but for guys low down on WWE's totem pole I don't envisage them being worth it for Elite to try and pay them more than what they're on now. It's not just "the show," it's a regular cheque. If you leave a comfortable (if unspectacular) spot with Vince and Hunter - what's the pay, how often are shows running, how viable does the future of the venture look and do you really want to burn a bridge with the best paying gig in North America? It's a massive number of unknown factors, once you're making a comfortable living wage it's difficult to drop it for, at this point, a leap of faith.

It's a leap of faith to us because we don't know anything. If they are making offers or even approaching these guys though, it'd be with a lot more information than we have and a contract that resolves a load of those mysteries. I don't for one second think that Khan is chucking his fortune at this but he is chucking enough at it to run it properly.

I think you're being overly dismissive is all. Not a problem, just trying to stop you having another Mania moment :laugh:

Archived